Experience
1 year
I have a pretty new 26g bow front cycled with the following fish
1 African clawed froglet
3 red swordtails
2 sunset platies
1 yellow Molly
2 orange spotted variatus
1 black and white Molly, don't remember specific name but it's the same size as the others.
1 sun catfish 3 inches now but will be re-homing once he gets bigger.
2 peppered Cory catfish.

I was looking to add either blue Rams, zebra Molly, black Molly, dwarf or blue gourami, red tail shark...
Please advise on what options I have as I am new to the hobby and do not want to add the wrong fish or too many fish. Everyone is getting along fine as of now. Had to take male betta out of the tank when adding the latest mollies as he wasn't getting along and bullying them. I would like 2 or 3 fish that are bigger than the small platys or Mollys to be like a centerpiece fish.

Attachments

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The sun catfish will get too big for your tank, I would return it to the Lfs.
Without the sun catfish the only fish I would add are some more peppered corys as they should be kept in groups of at least 6.
Btw making two threads & bumping them after only 10 minutes won't get you replies any quicker, patience is a virtue

OP
E

Eric22

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the response. I just signed up to fish lore and I was unsure how to properly post. I posted in beginners forum and then realized I should have posted to stocking questions so I copied it here. Now I know better how the system works. What about adding hI fin Mollys or a hI fin lyretail Molly or platy? I really like the Dalmatian and black Mollys. I have an aqueon quietflow 50 and 150w jager heater so I doubled the filter size from what I was told would be fine for a 26 gallon tank.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
HI Eric welcome to FishLore!!

Pretty tank!

A word of caution. As your African Clawed Frog gets bigger he will most likely find your fish very tasty
Sad but true..

Bijou88

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In case you were unaware and depending on the genders you have, swordtails and platies can interbreed as well as mollies and guppys. And I agree about upping the cories to at least 6.

New Threads