26 Gallon Bow For Breeding Angel Pair

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by ClanMcK, Apr 9, 2017.

1. ClanMcK

ClanMcK New Member Member

Setting up a breeding space for my Angel pair before they destroy the main tank terrorizing everyone.

I chose a 26 gallon bow because it is higher than a 20, but not too big for a sponge filter to manage.

I am using 30lbs black Tahitian moon sand with aproximately 10lbs of eco complete substrate.

I built a landscape with deep extract at the back, an angled 6" terra cotta pot, mopani wood and slate. See pictures***. I will add live plants tomorrow.

PH 6.8
    KH 5
    GH 9

Using Seachem stability, Prime, Flourish Excel and Kent black water extract.

Running a 55 gallona Huijikon double sponge filter with an oversized air pump.

My questions are: what temperature should I set the heater?

Do you think the sponge filter will be able to keep up with waste and create adequate water movement?

Attached Files:

2. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

Hi there,
    I think setting it up at 80 degrees Fahrenheit should be good.
    I think that the sponge filters will do okay, but I might be wrong. Just make sure to monitor your water levels and quality.

3. OP
    OP
    ClanMcK

Thanks Ed! If I need to add additional filtration, would an internal filter be fry safe?

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I don't know about internal filter, but I think I will add one more sponge filter just to be safe

5. OP
    OP
    ClanMcK

I decided to add a small HOB filter I had with an adjustable water flow. I purchased a fluval mini sponge to slide over the intake pipe. The Mopani wood I bought was very rich with tannins. If I want to see the fish, a little charcoal is in order. Guess I didn't need to add black water extract after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice