26 g stocking ideas

1. Tam9674 Member Member

I have a 26 g that I am wanting to add more fish to. I currently have 5 danios, 3 panda coreys, and a bristlenose pleco. Looking for some ideas on what else I can add in there and how many. Thanks!

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You should fill the school of danios and cories to at least 6 each.

What's the footprint of the tank? You could likely add a school of neons or harlequin rasbora (or other small schooling fish with similar temp requirements).

3. Tam9674 Member Member

It is 26 gallon high.

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'm not familiar with that tank. Can you provide the dimensions?

5. Tam9674 Member Member

I don't know the dimensions but it is the fluval 26 bow front tank if that helps (sorry am new to this)

Could I add a pair of German blue rams as well as the harlequin rasboras?

6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Danios and German blue rams aren't temp compatible (GBRs aren't temp compatible with panda cories or BN plecos either).

The length of the tank is the same as a 20 gal high, and that's a little small for danios. If you rehome them, you can get the GBRs.

How about something like this:

2x GBR
    1x Clown pleco
    8-10x Harlequin rasbora

79-80 F is a good temp for these guys.

7. Tam9674 Member Member

I am going to have a hard time convincing my husband to get rid of the Danios( he is super attached to them lol) What would be a different centerpiece fish I could do? Would it be the same issue with a bolivian ram?

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It's really that the tank is a bit too short for danios. They're very active and need lots of swimming space. A 24" tank doesn't provide much swimming space.

Cories need to be in groups of 6+ of the same species.

A Bolivian ram is temp compatible.

9. Tam9674 Member Member

Thanks for your help :)