25gallon Shrimp Tank Question

1. bubble1807 Well Known Member Member

Ok so I have set up a 25gal shrimp tank. I don't have many shrimp in there so far so I was wondering what I could add. So far I was thinking more Amano and neocaridinas but what other shrimp would be ok in here? Or any fish? So far I only have RCS and one Amano in there. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. [​IMG] also yes I do need to add more water and I've not completely decided on the setup.

2. goplecos Well Known Member Member

I would do more Amanos, and more neocaridinas. If you want some larger shrimp, then you could do some bambo shrimp. For fish; small Tetras and Rasboras would work great.

3. VioletSS Member Member

Wow - you're going to have a lot of shrimp eventually. How fun!

4. bubble1807 Well Known Member Member

Any opinions on the setup? I could get some bamboo shrimp. I have seen some babaluti (?) shrimp for sale and I was wondering whether they're fine with other shrimp?

5. goplecos Well Known Member Member

As a rule all dwarf shrimp (including babaluti) do well with all other dwarf shrimp. Bamboo shrimp are fine because they have a fanlike thing in front of there mouth, that filters small nutrients. I love the hard-scape. Maybe get some more plants though.

6. Polyrhythm Member Member

An important thing for the RCS is to stick with one color as well. Its tempting to mix colors to make the tank more eye-catching but eventually you'll end up with muddy brown/clear shrimp.

7. goplecos Well Known Member Member

You can easily prevent that by adding in new color every 3 generations or so

8. bubble1807 Well Known Member Member

Yeah I'm planning on ordering some carpet plants and floating plants but there are quite a few( can't really see from picture). Which shrimp won't breed? I assume RCS won't breed with babaluti? Or tiger shrimp? I do plan on getting some bamboo shrimp soon though