25gallon Shrimp Tank

1. bubble1807

bubble1807 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +150
    Ok so I have set up a 25gal shrimp tank. I don't have many shrimp in there so far so I was wondering what I could add. So far I was thinking more Amano and neocaridinas but what other shrimp would be ok in here? Or any fish? So far I only have RCS and one Amano in there. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. [​IMG] also yes I do need to add more water and I've not completely decided on the setup.

2. goplecos

goplecos Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +407
    I would do more Amanos, and more neocaridinas. If you want some larger shrimp, then you could do some bambo shrimp. For fish; small Tetras and Rasboras would work great.

3. VioletSS

VioletSS Member Member

Ratings:
    +262
    Wow - you're going to have a lot of shrimp eventually. How fun!

4. OP
    OP
    bubble1807

Ratings:
    +150
    Any opinions on the setup? I could get some bamboo shrimp. I have seen some babaluti (?) shrimp for sale and I was wondering whether they're fine with other shrimp?

5. goplecos

Ratings:
    +407
    As a rule all dwarf shrimp (including babaluti) do well with all other dwarf shrimp. Bamboo shrimp are fine because they have a fanlike thing in front of there mouth, that filters small nutrients. I love the hard-scape. Maybe get some more plants though.

6. Polyrhythm

Polyrhythm Member Member

Ratings:
    +94
    An important thing for the RCS is to stick with one color as well. Its tempting to mix colors to make the tank more eye-catching but eventually you'll end up with muddy brown/clear shrimp.

7. goplecos

Ratings:
    +407
    You can easily prevent that by adding in new color every 3 generations or so

8. OP
    OP
    bubble1807

Ratings:
    +150
    Yeah I'm planning on ordering some carpet plants and floating plants but there are quite a few( can't really see from picture). Which shrimp won't breed? I assume RCS won't breed with babaluti? Or tiger shrimp? I do plan on getting some bamboo shrimp soon though