25gal Tank

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Furallicah, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Hey guys. As a lot of you know I have and Oranda goldfish. She is in a tiny 10gal tank which I have always hated for her. Well now I have in my hands a new 25gal tank for her. Only problem was it was used and has calcium.lime build up on the glass. It needs a good cleaning but I dont think a bleach and water bath will be enough for this. Is there any cleaners anyone can suggest?

2. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

White vinegar and a razor blade will help. The vinegar will dissolve the crust....wet a paper towel with it and let it soak on the crust in the though areas....use a single edge razor (be carful) and scrape the rest off.

Rinse the tank well....the vinegar is organic and acid.....a trace in your tank won't hurt a thing.

3. Fish_Man

Fish_Man Valued Member Member

congratz on getting a 25 gal tank, hope you got it for a good price!

4. OP
    OP
    Furallicah

Thanks Fish Man. Ted, I dont have white vinegar would apple work?

5. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

Sounds great! I am sure she will love the room! I think there may even be enough space for a small school of white clouds ;)

6. OP
    OP
    Furallicah

Lol Nah Rae, she needs all the room her puggy little self can get. She'll be getting another upgrade by the end of summer though lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice