25gal tank Sorority do I have enough room?

Silverleaf209

So I have a lightly planted 25gal tank and I have some room in the tank and I now know Bettas can live in community tanks so I am wondering if I could have three female bettas with . . .

3 Salt and Peppered Cories
1 Galaxy Rasbora (PLEASE do not judge his partner just died and I don't really want to give him up)
5 Guppies
3 Platys

adumsoza

It will have to do on the personality of the bettas, if they are aggressive then you will have to separate them. I would add at least one more cory to that group as well.

MacZ

In short and blunt: Don't do it unless you can separate them in different tanks at any given point.
Also "lightly planted" means you for sure do not have the cover and hiding options needed. The tank should be basically completely grown shut by the plants with broken lines of sight and a lot of places to hide or evade each other.
This is nothing for a beginner. Maybe first try and keep a single female in a fitting tank to learn their behaviour and such before starting such a project.
Having seen several posts describing your struggles up to now... this would be biting off more than you can chew. And don't say you like a challenge. The fish pay the ultimate price when you fail challenges in the hobby.

Silverleaf209

In short and blunt: Don't do it unless you can separate them in different tanks at any given point.
Also "lightly planted" means you for sure do not have the cover and hiding options needed. The tank should be basically completely grown shut by the plants with broken lines of sight and a lot of places to hide or evade each other.
This is nothing for a beginner. Maybe first try and keep a single female in a fitting tank to learn their behaviour and such before starting such a project.
Having seen several posts describing your struggles up to now... this would be biting off more than you can chew. And don't say you like a challenge. The fish pay the ultimate price when you fail challenges in the hobby.
I don't intend to make fish get sick/die just because I fail and there is still a reason I checked here before I did it not just go down to the LFS and buy something, I will send a picture of the tank so you can see the hiding spots and further determine.
It will have to do on the personality of the bettas, if they are aggressive then you will have to separate them. I would add at least one more cory to that group as well.
Ok I will do the cory thing, still figuring out if just one betta might be good.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Silverleaf209

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom