25gal stocking ideas, will it work?

Silverleaf209

So I have a 25gal tank that I used aqvisor to stock the tank and with what I have currently I am at 123%, but I was told otherwise by someone here so I am now wondering can I fit

- 7 Guppies ( 7 currently )
- 4 Salt and Peppered Catfish ( 3 currently )
- 4 Platys ( 3 currently )
- 1 Galaxy Rasbora ( I have but the rest I got with this one died and it was $9.00 a fish )
- 4 Zebra Danios ( I don't have any )
- 15 Neocaridina Heteropoda Shrimp ( I am waiting for someone to drop them off )

I have a 25gal Bubbler and a 40gal filter ( The filter is on low right now )

SouthAmericanCichlids

Don’t use aquadvisor, it’s really not very accurate, I’d just ask here.

I would just up your schools to 6 each, minus the rasbora, if you wish. But I would get rid of one of the livebearers and keep the other with just males. As, this time, I agree with aquadvisor, it’s a little heavily stocked.

Silverleaf209

Don’t use aquadvisor, it’s really not very accurate, I’d just ask here.

I would just up your schools to 6 each, minus the rasbora, if you wish. But I would get rid of one of the livebearers and keep the other with just males. As, this time, I agree with aquadvisor, it’s a little heavily stocked.
Thanks okay I will do that, so you think I should not get any more platys ?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Thanks okay I will do that, so you think I should not get any more platys ?
Yeah, possibly even return the ones you do have.

Silverleaf209

Yeah, possibly even return the ones you do have.
My local pet store will not take fish back that I have if they are not dead in the three day, what could I do if I keep the platys?

OnlyNobody

Well i dont quite think its overstocked until the livebearers start breeding like mad.
Just give away the fish you dont want tho.

Silverleaf209

Well i dont quite think its overstocked until the livebearers start breeding like mad.
Just give away the fish you dont want tho.
The guppies I have are all males but the platys I have are 2 males and one female I think.

Silverleaf209

They were supposed to be females and I am not very accurate with gender identifying but I know I have 2 of one gender and 1 of another.

sslliitthheerr

honestly would take something away and get a couple more rasboras because to me one is just not enough. I wish you luck

Noroomforshoe

I suggest =
Keep what you have.
3 platies, 7 guppies, 1 rasbora, 3 salt and pepper cories
Add 3-4 more salt and pepper cories.
You may want to consider finding a new home for the rasbora on craigs or facebook, if you do not want to spend more money on 5 more of them.
Dont add another species, especially not a schooling species, especially not the worlds most active and potentially fin nippy species. "danios"

Silverleaf209

I suggest =
Keep what you have.
3 platies, 7 guppies, 1 rasbora, 3 salt and pepper cories
Add 3-4 more salt and pepper cories.
You may want to consider finding a new home for the rasbora on craigs or facebook, if you do not want to spend more money on 5 more of them.
Dont add another species, especially not a schooling species, especially not the worlds most active and potentially fin nippy species. "danios"
Could I get the three salt and peppered cories and five danios?
honestly would take something away and get a couple more rasboras because to me one is just not enough. I wish you luck
What do you think I should get rid of?

Noroomforshoe

Danios are crazy, non stop tail chasing and often fin nipping rambunctious... You should never keep less then 8. Because in smaller schools, they are likely to chase other species and not just each other. Plus the platies and the guppies are both top dwelling fish, the danios are also top dwelling fish and they would be constantly blasting through them, stealing there food, and pushing them around. You have room fo somthing else, but I urge you to find a middle dwellling species. maybe glo light tetra, x-ray tetra, lamchop rasbora, pencil fish.

Silverleaf209

How many pencil fish could I get?

Noroomforshoe

You have to keep a small species that maxes out at 1 - 2 inches. And you should keep at least 6. I hope you can find some that you can afford!

Silverleaf209

You have to keep a small species that maxes out at 1 - 2 inches. And you should keep at least 6. I hope you can find some that you can afford!
Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Silverleaf209

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom