25gal rebuild

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just a few pics of the 25gal I rebuilt yesterday. There's a before photo when it was looking ok but I have been rather neglectfull of it over the last few months due to being extra busy at work & it got covered with BBA. Rather than try to fix the problem, (hadn't been mixing new batches of co2 often enough), I just stripped the tank & started over again. I'll post the completed pics in a few hours after the lights come on & I've gotten the kiddies off to school.

Attachments

ccb04

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looking forward to the completed pics. You always have such great looking tanks.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The background is the same it's just that you can see it in those pics. It's pretty much gone from sight now but I'm going to change it for a solid black background when I cut a board down to size in the next couple of days. Here's how it looks now:

Attachments

Butters

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Looking good! good luck with your DG, the ones that I get always bite the dust pretty early.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Butters. They breed 'em tough here in Aus.
DG's & Otos are some of the hardiest fish you can get over here, unlike you guys in the states where those two species are considerably more prone to problems. I don't think I've ever know anyone to lose a DG except for newbies that don't know about cycling etc.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Nutter,

The tank looks great. I really like the cabinet that you have the tank in too.

Ken

ccb04

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looks great as usual, Nutter. I also agree with Ken ... I like the cabinet you have the tank in.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Ken & ccb04. The stand & hood/lid I built myself some years ago. It's a bit rough IMO but it only cost me $20 to build minus the lights & is strong enough to support 1000lb quite easily. (yes I actually put 1000lb of weights on it to test it). Also it puts the tank at a good height for viewing & maintenance. The lid opens right up against the wall so access into the top is not restricted by anything at all.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom