25g Betta Tankmates

TrainerRuby

Reaction score
What's a good small schooling fish for a 25g Betta tank? Right now I have 5 cherry and 5 amano shrimp with a Betta. I'd like to keep it Asian theamed but all I can think for a schooling fish is rasboras and I already have a tank full of them and want some verity.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Look up nano schooling fish on here and i'm sure a few different varieties will come up.....I think i've heard chilI rasboras stay small ..just a guess and a thought. Good luck!!

Epicoz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What about sparkling/Pygmy gouramI they are small and Asian style. They are not schooling but you can keep them in small groups and if not neon teras are always a nice choice

corbin

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Crispii said:
How about some gold ring danios or leopard danios?
The gold ring/tinwinI danios are beautiful if you can find them

Pat93

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My fiancé has pristella tetras in a 20 gallon with her Betta. They are quick enough to get away from any aggressive Betta, and they chase each other all the time anyway. I haven’t noticed any of them nipping the fins of her Betta or anything like that. They only get 2” according to google I’ve never raised them to maturity though these are our first.

Something I would NOT reccomend is white clouds, we thought it would be okay to put them in a treatment tank with the Betta for a few days but it most certainly was not, the white clouds were like vicious piranha and we had to get another treatment tank for the Betta who was a relatively docile one lol

Otocinclus13

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I believe espeI rasbora are temp-compatable (but double check before you decide). They get along fine with other fish (they're not nippy like embers). They're small, bright, and look great schooling. I'd also add a bottom-dweller school. Habrosus cory cats are awesome, and so are kuhlis.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom