25g Betta Tankmates

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by TrainerRuby, May 3, 2019.

1. TrainerRubyValued MemberMember

What's a good small schooling fish for a 25g Betta tank? Right now I have 5 cherry and 5 amano shrimp with a Betta. I'd like to keep it Asian theamed but all I can think for a schooling fish is rasboras and I already have a tank full of them and want some verity.

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Look up nano schooling fish on here and i'm sure a few different varieties will come up.....I think i've heard chili rasboras stay small ..just a guess and a thought. Good luck!!

3. Sergeant PepperWell Known MemberMember

What about a nice school of Cherry Barbs? They are very peaceful little barbs that give a nice pop of color.

4. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

What about sparkling/Pygmy gourami they are small and Asian style. They are not schooling but you can keep them in small groups and if not neon teras are always a nice choice

5. CrispiiWell Known MemberMember

How about some gold ring danios or leopard danios?

6. corbinValued MemberMember

The gold ring/tinwini danios are beautiful if you can find them

7. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Ember tetras would look nice depending on the color of your betta

8. RyanC14Valued MemberMember

Most danios require cooler water than bettas. Maybe a school of kuhli loaches? You could also do a school of glass catfish, but they're pretty shy and fragile.

9. Pat93Valued MemberMember

My fiancé has pristella tetras in a 20 gallon with her Betta. They are quick enough to get away from any aggressive Betta, and they chase each other all the time anyway. I haven’t noticed any of them nipping the fins of her Betta or anything like that. They only get 2” according to google I’ve never raised them to maturity though these are our first.

Something I would NOT reccomend is white clouds, we thought it would be okay to put them in a treatment tank with the Betta for a few days but it most certainly was not, the white clouds were like vicious piranha and we had to get another treatment tank for the Betta who was a relatively docile one lol

10. Otocinclus13Valued MemberMember

I believe espei rasbora are temp-compatable (but double check before you decide). They get along fine with other fish (they're not nippy like embers). They're small, bright, and look great schooling. I'd also add a bottom-dweller school. Habrosus cory cats are awesome, and so are kuhlis.