250lt project

1. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

This has only been planted & running for a week. The plants are just starting to take off. It's a 48x18x18inch tank with 50/50 ecocomplete & natural black gravel substrate, 156w T8 lighting, DIY co2 & 2 x eheim 2213 canisters. (disconnected at time of pic)

Still to come is an inline heater canister, injected co2 rig with inline diffuser & moonlights. I still need to get some Jave Moss to go over one of the rocks & some Anubius Nana 'Petite' to go on the piece of wood & in the foreground. The two little crypts will multiply & cover most of the foreground area. So far the tank contains 2 x SAE, 2 x Otos & 1 male Betta. The Betta is only in there on holidays. He is actually my sons fish but he had an accident & broke the Bettas usual home. It's staying in my project until I have finished repairing his usual 15g home.

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful job Nutter!
    Ken

3. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

looks great! wonderful job :)

4. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you. It is a work in progress so it will take awhile for the plants to fill in all the gaps & to look like I imagine it will.

5. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Your tanks are so beautiful..............

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Ooh, it's so lovely!

Nutter, I read your signature to my husband yesterday - he was as tickled by it as I am. :)

7. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Looking good Nutter!

8. David C Well Known Member Member

That tank will be gorgeous when the plants fill out, shouldn't take too long with the CO2.

Dave

9. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

wow! very nice.

10. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you everyone. I really hope it does fill in nice. It's the first planted tank I've put more than 5mins thought into plant placement. Usually I just throw them in only worrying about the height & nothing else. I would really like to get some Limnophila Aromatica or Rotala Wallichii to go in the back at the sides to give me some good color contrast but I havn't been able to find any in Aus yet. I'm not sure if they are even allowed to be imported here. Aus is pretty tight on plant imports. Will add progress photos as it grows out over the next few months.