250 gallon stocking

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am stocking a tank that is around 250 gallons. I already put in 2 angels, 12 boesemani rainbow fish, and 12 congos. I was thinking about a school of something like cardinals or von rios.

Any suggestions?

Nickdrummer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If I were you, considering it would be such a large tank
this is what I would stock
STOCK LIST
2x Angels- (you could get 3 or 4 more females to make a school)
12x Rainbows- (I would push up to 18)
12x Congos- (I would push up to 18)
MY STOCK ADDITION
18x Flame Von Rios (due to the fact that cardinals may be food for angels)
3x Brown Hoplo Catfish (I have one trained like a dog, lots of friendliness and personality)
10x Sterbai Cories (cute fish )
10x SAE (very good at keeping tank "clean" and good schoolers)

this is is what I would do! but yeah I personally wouldn't trust cardinals with the Angels

75 Gallon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you want a semi aggressive tank or a more passive tank? I got lucky with the LFS by me stocking a ton of great predatory fish. I'd definitely do more angels if you want those. I also love clown loaches they are fantastic fish and a school of 6-8 would look fantastic in your tank, just make sure you have some hide outs I think some bichirs could go well in the tank if introduced young or even some rope fish. In the end it's what you like that you're gonna wanna populate the 250 gallons is a ton of space so you have a lot of options.

Nickdrummer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
75 Gallon said:
Do you want a semi aggressive tank or a more passive tank? I got lucky with the LFS by me stocking a ton of great predatory fish. I'd definitely do more angels if you want those. I also love clown loaches they are fantastic fish and a school of 6-8 would look fantastic in your tank, just make sure you have some hide outs I think some bichirs could go well in the tank if introduced young or even some rope fish. In the end it's what you like that you're gonna wanna populate the 250 gallons is a ton of space so you have a lot of options.
I agree that clown loaches are awesome!! But that would mean no hoplos and I love hoplos hahaha!!! But, I wouldn't suggest bichirs because as they age they will eat the rainbows and the tetras. The ropefish would work though as their mouths stay small!! Great suggestion here!

75 Gallon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh snap you're right I just re read what was already in the tank lol! But ropefish are some cool animals and would love the space.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom