250 Gallon Stock List.

1. s

scolwell19 Valued Member Member

Hello, I am looking for help putting together a stock list for my 250 gallon 60x36x27. I am thinking of sticking with cichlids like vieja argentea and vieja zonatus. I would lost to have a motoro stingray if it could do well with the vieja. Let me know what you guys think I can do. Thanks all.

2. B

BichirKeeper84 Valued Member Member

I would be hesitant on doing a ray with some of the vieja you've mentioned. If you did a zonatus or argentae you've picked 2 of the most aggressive viejsd available. Likely you won't be able to keep any other large cichlid in the tank. Especially with a zonatus. Other large viejas that have a better rep for being peaceful and more accepting of tankmates are ufermanni ,Melanuras/synspilum, breidohri, or oscura heterospila. They aren't severum peaceful but peaceful enough. You could also consider something like a bocourti or pearsei. Very beautiful

3. OP
    OP
    s

Thanks for the reply. I have heard that some of the zonatus and argentea can be aggressive. A ray isnt a must just thought it would be a nice addition. I really want an argentea though as I've wanted one for years. What do you think I can stick with them? Will they bother arrowanas?

4. B

It will likely be up to the individual fish. No way to tell for sure

5. OP
    OP
    s

Yea I have experienced this befor with cichlids. Was mainly just asking to see if it could work in a perfect world l.

6. B

More than likely in a perfect world. Perhaps a bit easier if you raise then together. Honestly I've never kept aros so can't say how they'd do with a Vieja

7. OP
    OP
    s

I would be getting everything from 2 or 3 inch in size an hope they get along well. Was planning to get a couple of each and maybe try to weed out the aggressive ones.

8. B

It's worth a shot. I'm tanks that size is hard to predict how things will go. But getting them at that size will only help