250 Gallon Stock List.

Discussion in 'American Cichlids' started by scolwell19, Jun 21, 2018.

1. s

scolwell19 Valued Member Member

Hello, I am looking for help putting together a stock list for my 250 gallon 60x36x27. I am thinking of sticking with cichlids like vieja argentea and vieja zonatus. I would lost to have a motoro stingray if it could do well with the vieja. Let me know what you guys think I can do. Thanks all.

2. B

BichirKeeper84 Valued Member Member

I would be hesitant on doing a ray with some of the vieja you've mentioned. If you did a zonatus or argentae you've picked 2 of the most aggressive viejsd available. Likely you won't be able to keep any other large cichlid in the tank. Especially with a zonatus. Other large viejas that have a better rep for being peaceful and more accepting of tankmates are ufermanni ,Melanuras/synspilum, breidohri, or oscura heterospila. They aren't severum peaceful but peaceful enough. You could also consider something like a bocourti or pearsei. Very beautiful

3. OP
    OP
    s

Thanks for the reply. I have heard that some of the zonatus and argentea can be aggressive. A ray isnt a must just thought it would be a nice addition. I really want an argentea though as I've wanted one for years. What do you think I can stick with them? Will they bother arrowanas?

4. B

It will likely be up to the individual fish. No way to tell for sure

5. OP
    OP
    s

Yea I have experienced this befor with cichlids. Was mainly just asking to see if it could work in a perfect world l.

6. B

More than likely in a perfect world. Perhaps a bit easier if you raise then together. Honestly I've never kept aros so can't say how they'd do with a Vieja

7. OP
    OP
    s

I would be getting everything from 2 or 3 inch in size an hope they get along well. Was planning to get a couple of each and maybe try to weed out the aggressive ones.

8. B

It's worth a shot. I'm tanks that size is hard to predict how things will go. But getting them at that size will only help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice