25 Gallon Tank Stock ideas?

Highlander88

This is my 25 gallon tank. Currently I have 10 neon tetras, 1 Betta, 1 Otocinculas, 1 rabbit snail and a mystery snail. I would like some striped kuhli loaches also. How many would y'all recommend? And is there any other cool fish I can safely have in this space? I obviously don't wanna overstock but everyone is so small I don't ever look at my tank and see them swimming around lol.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210711_191243979.jpg
    PXL_20210711_191243979.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 18

Randomfishlover

I am under the impression that ottos are a schooling fish. Don't take my word on that tho, considering that I've never owned one and therefore don't know much about them. But it might be something to research.
You could always get guppies as well. Or some Cory. (I don't know about overstock tho) (I don't think this would be too bad but don't take my word in it)

Upvote 0

Highlander88

I am under the impression that ottos are a schooling fish. Don't take my word on that tho, considering that I've never owned one and therefore don't know much about them. But it might be something to research.
You could always get guppies as well. Or some Cory. (I don't know about overstock tho) (I don't think this would be too bad but don't take my word in it)

Oh wow. I asked the guy at the fish store and he said keeping 1 was ok. My Otto seems to be ok but I can most definitely get him some friends! I absolutely adore him.

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

Oh wow. I asked the guy at the fish store and he said keeping 1 was ok. My Otto seems to be ok but I can most definitely get him some friends! I absolutely adore him.
I just Googled it... "While aquarists sometimes keep them alone they are schooling fish that prefer being kept in small groups of at least 6 individuals"
So I guess it is okayish to keep them alone just not ideal

Upvote 0

AverageAquarist22

Yep, otocinclus catfish are schoolers! There’s a YouTuber called Girl Talks Fish who has a care video for them, you should check her out! :)

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

Shrimp are also a fun addition to tanks. I love them and they have a relativly low bioload

Upvote 0

Coradee

I’d call Oto’s shoalers rather than schoolers but they are a social fish & do best when they have company, mine are always hanging out together in small groups. If you have room in your tank I’d suggest getting at least a couple more.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
Mii
  • Question
Replies
Views