25 gallon ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sls1199, Mar 21, 2010.

1. s

sls1199 New Member Member

hey i have just finished cycling my 25 gallon tank i was hoping to get some ideas of wat fish i should put in i an open to any ideas so the more feedback the better ;D

2. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

With 25gal to work with I think you will probably be most satisfied with some of the smaller shoaling fish & perhaps a small group of Cory catfish. There are literally thousands of options with small schooling fish. Have a look through the fish profile section of the forum to see what you might be interested in then post fish that get your attention here & we can advise on suitablity & compatability.

3. p

philipbouchard-davies Valued Member Member

I would say get two groups of schooling fish, ex-12 neon tetras+8 black widow tetras+8 panda corries it be nice or just replace some on this list just remember
    Neon tetras are small tetras
    Black widows are medium tetras
    And Panda corries are dwarf corries

hope this helps

Phil :)

4. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I like having one big school instead of two smaller ones...like maybe a school of 14 or so small schooling fish (i.e. neon tetras, glowlight tetras, etc.), then a school of 8 pygmy cories. Finally, a centerpiece fish like a honey gourami.

5. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

panda cories aren't dwarves, they can get up to 2.5 or 3 inches, I think. In my opinion, this is a bit overstocked. If you are going to do this, I would suggest adding VERY slowly, maybe over 2-3 months, so that the beneficial bacteria has plenty of time to adjust.

6. OP
    OP
    s

yer that sounds good with a group of schooling fish and the cories wat would make a good centerpiece fish ??

7. Meenu

What are the dimensions of the tank? You could go with a dwarf gourami as a centerpiece, maybe 8 neon tetras and 4-6 cories.

Or is your tank is at least 17 inches tall, your centerpiece could be an angelfish, but they eat smaller tetras so the neons won't work.

8. OP
    OP
    s

sorry but the tank is 29 gallons not 25 :)
    this is the dimensions 30 x 12½ x 17 Tall

9. Meenu

oops, i think i read another thread right before yours that was 25. An angel would work as a centerpiece - do you like those?

10. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Sls1199 - you're supposed to figure that out WHILE you are cycling :)

11. OP
    OP
    s

yer i like angelfish i was considering one but i just wanted to think of any other options i had

12. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

TWO Bolivian Rams Or ONE Pearl Gourmai or Blue Gourmai or another type.
    TEN Small Schooling Fish, like smaller Tetras such as Glolites, Lemon, Gold, Black Neon, Neons & Cardinals. Tetras that are the same shape will school together.
    For the bottom FIVE Corys and/or ONE Bristlenose Pleco and THREE Corys. If you do the Pygmy Corys you could do FIVE.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice