23g

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
OK, so I am setting up a blog for each of my 4 tanks. This one is obviously about my 23G AquaOne...

Things have changed around quite a bit since last updating (and before you all get your panties in a knot, I will update pics from hubby's laptop when he gets home from work tonight! :happy0034.

Currently housed in this tank are 4 male guppies, and 5 female (did have 5/5 but lost one male in the first day).
The females are all pregnant; three of them in breeder boxes ready to drop.

I would appreciate some suggestions on this tank's stocking. How many guppies could I keep in species only?
What else (small!) would be good to accompany a mainly guppy tank?

The intention for the guppies is a supply of fry for my clown loaches... evil, I know!

Thoughts appreciated!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Oops! This one slipped by. Let's see what responses you receive today

Ken

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sorry about the delay guys; what with my birthday on Friday, being away from home all day Saturday, and water changes and a wedding today, I have been a bit slack on uploading the pics!

Enjoy, sorry for the crappy quality. I am yet to find the 'action' setting on the camera...
And yes, I did a REALLY shoddy job on cleaning the glass!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Love your guppies! Where did you find the round rocks? I really like those.
Speaking of clown loaches... where is the blog for their tank I've never had clown loaches eat fry.
Carol

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Where did you find the round rocks? I really like those.
They are just river rocks from the local hardware store. I have a similar 'creation' in my 55G! I'm glad you like them! The guppies have already figured out they can squeeze their way in between, and it should provide a nice hidey-hole for any fry I miss...

Speaking of clown loaches... where is the blog for their tank I've never had clown loaches eat fry.
Carol
I'm waiting for the water to settle after today's water change to take pics. I've added quite a bit to it, but I'll explain that in the other thread!

Please please PLEASE don't tell me my loaches won't eat the fry... I am banking on it! Although I suppose there's always 4 angels that may enjoy them. :-\

My favourite male guppy is the one with the yellow snakeskin tail, and my favourite female is named Tequila, because her tail looks like a tequila sunrise!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please please PLEASE don't tell me my loaches won't eat the fry... I am banking on it! Although I suppose there's always 4 angels that may enjoy them. :-\

My favourite male guppy is the one with the yellow snakeskin tail, and my favourite female is named Tequila, because her tail looks like a tequila sunrise!
I've had clowns check out fry but never seen them eat any. But like most fish I guess if it will fit in their mouths they will eat it. I guess with their mouths turned down and live bearer fry(platys) being larger is why they didn't eat mine. Plus they were stuffed all the time. The little beggars!

I love Guppy's and that is how we got my husband hooked on fishkeeping. When we lived in Georgia he had six different kinds of guppys separated into different tanks but when we moved here we can;t keep a guppy for love nor money. Don't know why but it's got to be the water.
I love the tequila sunrise guppys too
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom