220g Lighting Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bettafanatic, Apr 15, 2017.

1. bettafanatic

bettafanatic Well Known Member Member

I'm slowly piecing together a 220g planted tank and need lighting help. I can't seem to find any lights that are good for 30in deep planted tanks. I did find this flood light and need to know if this would work? I would def buy more than 1 but would 50w at 6000k be adequate? Screenshot_20170415-222240.png

2. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

Maybe you would want to try and research metal Halide bulbs. The draw back is that is that they do get very hot =

3. Herkimur

Herkimur Well Known Member Member

Look up Fluval 2.0 Plant&Fresh LED.
    You're going to need red and blue wave length and I don't see how just daylight white will provide plants with a full spectrum.
    Besides, just having white light is really going to look hideous.

4. OP
    OP
    bettafanatic

Those won't work. I was looking at them last night. I also need something that sits above the tank not on the hood as it will be open top.

5. dcutl002

dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

That tank is deep. Those cheap flood lights will not do much IMO and you will need something to pierce the water. How much are you willing to spend?

6. OP
    OP
    bettafanatic

This tank is my dream tank and has taken me forever to save for it. I'm willing to spend whatever I need to get it the way I want it. I'm still piecing together everything so having to save for good lighting won't be a problem.

7. dcutl002

8. OP
    OP
    bettafanatic

9. dcutl002

Absolutely. PAR data:  

10. OP
    OP
    bettafanatic

Awesome!!!! I didn't see the par data under the listing. Thanks so much!!!!

11. dcutl002

You are welcome! Actually, raising the light 6 inches will give you a better light spread.

12. OP
    OP
    bettafanatic

Ya it would have to be raised because of my turtle. I need to be able to set up a basking area and his uvb lamp on the side. He's going to be one happy reptile going from a 75g to his new 220g with live plants.

13. dcutl002

Wunderbar!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice