220 Stock Changes

1. freak78 Well Known Member Member

Decided to trade off the barbs and get another giraffe and dat.

2. fissh Well Known Member Member

Your tank looks great and your fish look happy :) You sure do like silver fish, is your datnoid a silver?

3. freak78 Well Known Member Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is.

4. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Love your tank and fish- beautiful. What is the smaller fish with the really colorful tail- I must have :O

5. freak78 Well Known Member Member

That's is a flagtail. It does have the possibility to be 24 inches.

6. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Oh, geezz! Seeing yours with other big fish, I was thinking of putting one in with my geophagus in a 180 gallon I will soon be setting up- but, that is big!!

7. freak78 Well Known Member Member

They also love plants so if it's planted it will eat them. It is a very mellow and friendly fish as long as you don't put another flagtail with it. All these fish will be large or potentially outgrow this Tank. I'm in the works of looking for a Tank with a 30 or 36 inch width to put next to this one.

8. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

In that case, I think I will just enjoy watching yours ;).

9. freak78 Well Known Member Member

They are also very good at algae control, they love the stuff.

10. fissh Well Known Member Member

That really is a nice Prochilodus , You don't see them available much anymore.

11. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

That is certainly a plus- then I am assuming your plants are artificial in this tank? From afar they look real. Do you have any other tanks than this one? If so I would love to see them.

12. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I have a good connection with someone that sells some of the more rare fish.

This is my planted wild Altum 125.
    20170627_205656.jpg

13. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Aha! Anyone that has a 220 has a good chance of having an equally stunning ( or in this case) more stunning tank not pictured. Wow!
    How long have you had this set-up? What are your parameters- ph and dh/kh, to be more specific. Did you have any problems acclimating them to your water? Where did you get them?
    Is that too many questions? ;)

14. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I've had this set up 2.5 years. They are in softned well water with a ph of 8.2. I bought them from an importer in Illinois who did all the acclimation to tap water. This july they are 1 year old. I got them at 6 months old he imported them at dime size or smaller. I have 10 Orinoco Altum and 3 pterophyllum santa isabel. All wild caught.

15. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

That is great! Ive seen them for sale on Wetspot's stock listing , but had been reluctant to try them, uncertain of their sensitivity at acclimation. It is fantastic that your importer takes that difficulty away for you.
    I will be attempting my first raising of wilds ( the closest I have come to wild fish are with my f1 discus) next month. I will be trying geophagus, most likely ordering from Jeff Rapps. Hope they live through it!

16. freak78 Well Known Member Member

He imported 800 and lost 200 during the process. But he was able to sell the remaining 600 and make a good profit.

17. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I originally bought 14 but sold 1 wild pterophyllum santa isabel to a angelfish breeder to help out his breeding line.

18. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Have you tried raising any other wilds?

19. freak78 Well Known Member Member

Yeah my 13 are doing great. Side them of Tank.

20170629_183230.jpg

20. freak78 Well Known Member Member