20gl High - how many Embers?

Fisch

I had to help my Betta to the forever swimming grounds. The tumor growing on his side got so big, and he stopped eating last weekend.
The tank was awfully empty....getting food from the Lfs today I noticed the Ember Tetras, and spontaneously got 11 of them. They are exploring the tank right now. No quarantine as they share the tank with 2 Nerites.
How many Embers could I put into the 20 high, plus some Pandas?

BigManAquatics

6 pandas may be do-able with that number of embers, may be a pretty high bioload though, too. Would wait awhile, probably need a nice buildup of BB, a single betta isn't a huge bioload for BB to deal with.

Fisch

6 pandas may be do-able with that number of embers, may be a pretty high bioload though, too. Would wait awhile, probably need a nice buildup of BB, a single betta isn't a huge bioload for BB to deal with.
Thanks for the input. Yes, I hope the Mattenfilter will catch up fast...most likely will forego any addition.

Fisch

16 Ember Tetras are flitting through the tank, hiding a lot in the water wisteria.
I decided to leave them in the tank by themselves and may add a hopefully non-egg laying Ramshorn snail.
So far so good...

PAcanis

I've got 15 in mine. Last time I counted. Fish can be hard to count ya know ;)
And I see six Habrosus Corys on a regular basis, there might still be a couple more, and about ten Amanos.

It seems to be a good stocking.

Fisch

Yes, the counting is definitely a problem, I know how you feel. I was thinking about Pygmy Cories as well, but I am not sure if they would do well, I will hold off for a while.

Fisch

Head count is hard, am only able to count 14...No Ammonia spike, no dead fish, no enemies. I gave up trying to find the bodies.

Similar Aquarium Threads

29 Gallon Tank How Many Mystery Snails
Replies
Views
Dave125g
Replies
Views
aquatickeeper
Replies
Views
Nick36
20 Gallon Tank How many?