20gallon

1. scaryportdenny

scaryportdenny New Member Member

Suggestions for 20gallon. Preferably a large fish to keep on its own

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Get a bigger tank if you want a "large" fish. Floweehorns need at least a 55 gallon. You could do an angel but that's really squeezing the limits. You could do a dwarf gourami.

3. aBettaNamedRoy

aBettaNamedRoy Valued Member Member

Pea puffers! They are small, but have the huge personality and mannerisms of a large fish.

4. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

You would need LOTS of bladder snails before you get some pea puffers. My tanks are over crowded with snails because I'm too lazy to kill them. Just gonna get a pea puffer or two

5. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Are you familiar with the nitrogen cycle? I'm not trying to be rude, but I get the impression that you haven't done much research. Most of us start by making many mistakes, so it's worth your time to read up and do things the right way :)

6. BettaFishKeeper4302

BettaFishKeeper4302 Well Known Member Member

You are new to the forum but i feel like you are new to the hobby to my friend. When people get started they tend to get to excited about what fish they want to keep. Like (cough cough) wanting a flowerhorn in a 20 gallon. Sound familiar? Not trying to attack you or be rude but i am just stating facts.

7. OP
    OP
    scaryportdenny

Ha ok. The tank is already cycled and is housing a breeding pair of angles while i prepare another tank for them. The flowerhorn was just a thought. I am not that new as i have kept discus for a while and just want a new fish to put in my bedroom.

Ps: i only realy know how to keep discus and dont have experience with much else. Trying something new

8. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Maybe a dwarf gourami? They are fun.
    My 20gallon communty:
    2 Zebra Snails
    5 Minnows
    2 guppys ( Petsmart disaster)
    2 Dwarf gouramis.... ( Another Petsmart disaster.... DO NOT ATTEMPT I listen to the petsmart employee.... Worst idea ever. Luckily they dont mind each other and dont fight)

9. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

Is it a 20 tall or 20 long?
    Also planted or unplanted?

10. OP
    OP
    scaryportdenny

Long and planted