20g stocking

1. Ap05 Well Known Member Member

So my wife got a 29g today and is giving me her unopened marineland 20g kit! Originally had planned to get a 10g myself.

I'm wondering what would be a good stocking for a 20? I'll probably need this for one angel eventually for aggression from my 55.

Currently in my 55 I have angels, cories, neons, 1 ram, and Angelicus loaches.

This tank will be planted. I'm not big on tetras except Cardinals and neons mainly. Would it be good to move my ram to this tank and have 4 or so and cories? Or 2 and an excellent eventual angel?

2. animalfreak Initiate Member

There are a few options. I think one of these options you should go with:

6 neon tetras
    6 cardinal tetras
    4 kuhli loaches

---OR---
    4 platies (males)
    6 guppies (males)
    1 bristlenose pleco

---OR---
    5 corydoras (peppered, bronze or panda)
    8 neon tetras

---OR---
    5 hatchetfish
    8 cardinal tetras
    3 oto catfish
    1 dwarf pleco (snowball, clown, bristlenose)

---OR---
    5 female bettas
    6 glolight danios
    5 corydoras catfish

---OR---
    1 male dwarf gourami
    8 rummynose tetras
    3 oto catfish
    and 4 corydoras catfish

---OR---
    2 apistogrammas
    1 bristlenose pleco
    10 neon tetras
    and 3 oto catfish

---OR---
    1 male betta
    8 endlers
    1 clown pleco
    and 5 kuhli loaches

---OR---
    1 female betta
    5 zebra danios
    5 corydoras

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU & YOUR SCALY FRIENDS!
    :D

3. Maxi1 Member Member

I am no expert, these suggestions are from my experience. I had a dwarf gourami in a 20 g and he was aggressive with all tankmates. The cory cats are schoolers, best to have at least 6. Honey gourami are usually not aggressive and are not schooling fish. So: 3 or 4 honey gourami and 6 cory cats. Aqadvisor says this is 80 percent stocked, if you do 4 honeys. 3 or 4, only one male. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

I have a 20g L.

currently stocked with
    1 female platy and two off spring that managed to survive looks like she is preggers again this is her third time. The father recently passed as well as the other female.
    6 zebra danio
    5 Cory cats (3 emerald and 2 juli that looked lonely in tue tank by themselves hoping to find one more to even out for 3 and 3 they all school together. As they were side by side when bought)
    and an albino BN pleco.

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I would have the ram, a school of 6-8 cherry barbs & 6 albino or sterbai corys, the tank imo isn't big enough for an angel permanently.

6. fengshui Member Member

I would place the ram in, maybe form a pair, no angels since it will lead to trouble eventually, put a couple of cories in their but use sand or smooth substrate and a couple of top level swimming fish

7. Andrew Sackett Member Member

Kribensis are a beautiful fish I got a

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. Andrew Sackett Member Member

Ops I meant to say pair in my last post I'd only get them in pairs though they breed pretty easily and become aggressive when spawning but are great parents on there 2nd or 3rd batch

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum