20G Long Update and BRANIFF PICS!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by uprightandlocked, Dec 17, 2009.

1. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Hello Everyone,

My 20g Long has been running for a week now. Ansett continues to go pale during the day when the flourescent light comes on. He gets his dark blue coloring back at night when the light is off. What should I do with him? I don't know what to do. I have two 5G tanks set up. One houses my female Kiwi and the other houses my newest boy, Braniff.

Speaking of Braniff, here are a few pictures of his tank and him!! He looks yellow in person, with his fins being darker yellow, maybe even orange.

Thanks for all of your help!

Tony (and crew!)

Attached Files:

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Braniff is beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics!

3. OP
    OP
    u

uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Also, an additional question. My female, Kiwi, has had "permanent" stress lines since I got her. They are two horizontal black lines running from her head to her tail. I have had her for a week now and I have never seen them go away. What could be causing this? What can I do to help her?

4. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful boy! Not sure on stress lines, maybe she is still settling or is to close to something she doesn't like... Hopefully someone else can help you out more. Thanks for the pics though, glad I saw him now. Love the tank too

5. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

how about trying to switch your girlie to the 20g long tank and your man to the 5g tank? check the filter flow sometimes that is stressful to them...as well, new bigger tanks are something bettas need to get use to...especially if they are cup babies....your boy and his tank looks fabooooo!

6. iloveengl

iloveenglWell Known MemberMember

Wow - he's so lovely! I love that yellow/orange color with blue highlights! Fabulous aquascaping too. :;hf

7. OP
    OP
    u

uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Thanks, everyone. I do like Braniff's tank! I am going to try moving Ansett to an "end unit" in the divided 20g because the light isn't as intense there (right now he is in the middle compartment). If that doesn't work ... maybe I will move Braniff into the divided tank? I don't want to put Kiwi (my female) in the divided tank because I don't want the girl with the boys. By the way, she is INCREDIBLY feisty! She is ALWAYS zooming around her tank. And when I go to feed her, she comes flying out of nowhere towards the little scooper spoon in attack mode. Wow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice