20g Long Stand

delete999

I have a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon high, and both fit on their own sturdy nightstand/old TV stand (for the smaller, boxy ones). Now I am going to be getting a 20 long, but I don't know what to use as a stand. I am thinking about making my own stand and possibly making it to where I can fit my other tanks on the same stand (two levels?). When I go off to college in a couple of years, I would like this to help make my tanks more compact as well. I've looked at pre-made aquarium stands, and the other tables I look at don't seem to be able to hold the weight. My dad does have experience with making things, and I was in woodshop class last year. I will probably talk to my old woodshop teacher about making a stand, and make the majority of it at my house. I've seen a few videos on making them, but was wondering if y'all had any advice on making a stand for this.

CHIMERA

What usually works are those wire rack utility shelves. The heavy duty ones usually can hold about 300 pounds per shelf.

delete999

What usually works are those wire rack utility shelves. The heavy duty ones usually can hold about 300 pounds per shelf.
I looked into those but I can only find the ones with 4 legs. I am on a second floor with carpet and the legs ruining the carpet is worrying me a bit. Would putting a wooden board underneath it suffice or would the undistributed weight still be enough to upset the floor/ceiling?

CHIMERA

I looked into those but I can only find the ones with 4 legs. I am on a second floor with carpet and the legs ruining the carpet is worrying me a bit. Would putting a wooden board underneath it suffice or would the undistributed weight still be enough to upset the floor/ceiling?
I live in a very old apartment withs fissures on the walls and I found no problem. However it does help distribute the weight if you use planks of wood underneath each set of legs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Alternate Stands
Replies
Views
JayH
Replies
Views
AvalancheDave
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies