20g high and goldfish

kageMori

EDIT: I figured the answer was no because of their size, but i just wanted to make sure, so thanks for your guys' inupt.

I think i already know the answer to this question but I want to ask it anyways, just to be sure. Is it possible to keep a Goldfish of any type in a 20g H aquarium.
I HAVENT DONE IT YET so please dont worry, as of right now my 20g is empty with nothing in it.

Ghelfaire

Well Known
No. The waste they produce and the size they get, it just isn't practical.
20g leads you to more options than smaller tanks. I'm sure that you can find a fish you like.

kanzekatores

Well Known
I agree, 20g H is not enough space for a goldfish. They need a lot of swimming space to be happily housed, and a 20g does not provide that.

CosmicFish

I also agree on this. Goldfish can get stupid big, commons can get to 12+ inches in size while fancy goldfish get to 8+ inches in size. From what I read, they’ll hit those sizes in the first 2 years of their lives! So they’ll outgrow the 20g very quickly and give you a hassle.

You can create a nice small community tank and get a decent number of some schooling fish like neon tetras and watch how colorful they are swimming together!

Betta02

My 20 gallon high is my favorite tank. I have a flame dwarf gpurami, six guppies, and rasboras in mine. I have 2 Black Moor Goldfish, they are in a 40 gallon by themselves and they still have a lot of growing to do. I vote peaceful community for your tank.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom