2019 World Scout Jamboree

1. chloep123

chloep123 Valued Member Member

Hi guys!!

Would it be too much to hope that any of you are heading to West Virginia next year for the World Scout Jamboree? Either from America or elsewhere?

It would be awesome if people from here are going too!!

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

I would love to , but I quit scouts when I was young. I dislike how it's run :(

I do know a few of my friends are headed over as...? Patrols? I forgot what those helpers are called :banghead:

3. OP
    OP
    chloep123

As international service team? That's what I have been calling them anyway.

I must admit, particularly within the UK, scouts seems to be loosing its key values. There's rumours going round that outdoor activities are being replaced with technology based ones to modernise the movement, which removes all scouting principles in my opinion. But we shall have to see...!

4. Discus-Tang

Recently I did have a look into my old scout hall; still old school :) I dislike the salute-the-flag-we-love the queen sort of thing. Otherwise I think it's great.

Hope y'all have fun over there :D

5. OP
    OP
    chloep123

We don't really have too much flag saluting here, with the little Beavers and Cubs it is only a minute or two at the beginning and end, and up in any groups older than the scouts, we usually don't bother. If we do much more than that, everyone loses interest and we feel we are wasting time.
    It depends which group you are with I guess, I have heard of some excessively strictly run areas where it is all formed off that sort of thing... not my style either!

Thanks, it is looking to be great!

6. Discus-Tang

Lucky you :)|