20 High, new stocking suggestions. 20 Gallon Tank

1. kimoore Member Member

Ok, so have rehomed a lot of the fish in my tank. Im trying to change things up a little. Currently, I have 3 Balloon mollies (2 female, 1 male,) and 3 cory's, (sex unknown, but from reading up on the sexs, i think i have 2 females and 1 male.) I would like to add some more fish, (not a lot, just a few.) What should I do?

I was thinking to have a total of 5 Balloon Mollies, I would probably get 2 more females, and maybe 2-3 more cories.

2. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

What kind of cories do you have? If you want to have 5 mollies you could add 2 more females. Or you could just add 1 more female.

3. kimoore Member Member

the cories were marked as assorted coryies, which at my LFS could mean anything... so they could be pygmy's but Im not sure. I have 2 that are spotted with a pretty green shimmer and one bronze...(i nursed the bronze back to health, a puffer had eaten EVERY SINGLE fin on his body.)

4. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

if it's a 20gH, usually i only like to see the dwarf cories in there, since there is limited floor space. what color are your cories?

i know balloon mollies are smaller than average mollies, so you could have a couple more....but they're still livebearers, and you'll likely have to deal with a lot of fry. i'd probably keep the ones you have, and add a small schooling fish like celestial pearl danios, neons, ember tetras, espei rasboras.

5. kimoore Member Member

im pretty sure the two with spots and the stripe down the side are pygmy's, the bronze is probably a "regular" sized cory, (he has def gotten bigger,) the other two are maybe 1" long. I have had them for months now and they have grown a little, but not much. I will more than likely only get 1-2 female balloon mollies. Yes, i know about the fry. I currently have another tank with little fry in them. We like the fry and my 3 year old puts the money in his piggy bank.

6. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

well without photos of the cories, it's really hard to say for sure. fry can be cool, but can be annoying too...depending on what it is. :) the money from what in his piggy bank?