20 Gl Build Going Well

1. W

Wayben New Member Member

Hi all,

I had some tanks set up several decades ago, but life got too busy and I got rid of them. I retired a couple years ago and decided to get back into the hobby. I started cruising this forum about a month ago and joined about 3 weeks ago. Lots of great info here. I want to thank you all for helping me get a tank up and running.

I decided to go with a 20 gallon long for starters, with an Aqueon 30 HOB filter. Went with a fish-in cycle. Set up everything two weeks ago with 8 Peppered Cory's and 8 Neon Serpae Tetra. Added a bottle of TSS just prior to adding the fish. The instructions say to feed normally and wait two weeks and test the water. So I tested today. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 40 nitrates. I did a 40% WC to knock down the nitrates and will test again tomorrow and do another water change as needed.

The TSS, and the advice here, seems to have worked great. The fish seem to be doing fine. I'm going to be looking for a couple apisto's to put in as the center piece fish and that will finish off this tank.

I just wanted to post and say thanks for all the great info that's here. You made it easy to get back into a functioning aquarium. Now I've got my eye on a 40 gallon breeder tank at the lfs once this one gets settled in more.

Wayne

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Good to hear! Good luck with your fish in the future!

3. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

Congratulations!!

I to am a fan of TetraSafeStart.

Thinking your stocking is getting to maximum.

If you are like me, you’ll have 5 tanks by years end.

4. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

MTS is real :)

5. OP
    OP
    W

Wayben New Member Member

Thanks!!

Yes, my stocking is done. Now they just need to grow.