20 Gallon - The New One *update

Boostr
Well, not new purchased, but built this past friday from equipment I had laying around. 20 tall used as a bullfrog terrarium, 2 fluval heaters from 2 now defunct 10gs, led lighting from one of the defunct 10s, AC 50 that was supposed to be used for the 20 long but I went with a fluval cannister instead. The stones, driftwood, substrate(Seachem Flourite Dark), and plants (Anubias Nana, Micro Swords and asortment of Cryptocoryns) are new. Oh, and the stand is DYI, and the Marimo moss ball came from a former Beta(RIP) tank.

20180325_095710.jpg

Albifrons
Looking good! What are your ideas for stocking once it's cycled?

Alex6455
Looks great! What are the plans for the stocking? Keep us updated!

DanniD
Beautiful setup!!! I’d love to see more Anubis surrounding the driftwood. Personally, I’d also go for ember tetras or chilI rasboras when stocking.

Love it!

Boostr
Looking good! What are your ideas for stocking once it's cycled?

Thanks. The tank should be cycled, I used sponges and ceramic media from those 2 defunct 10 gallon tanks that were still running as of this past Friday when I broke them down. I just fed them fish flakes to keep the bb alive for like 2 months actually still doing it now in this tank until I get stocking.

Looks great! What are the plans for the stocking? Keep us updated!
Thanks

Beautiful setup!!! I’d love to see more Anubis surrounding the driftwood. Personally, I’d also go for ember tetras or chilI rasboras when stocking

Love it!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm gonna wait a little for these anubias to grow some more, and then trim and replant.

As for stocking, I was gonna do like three honey gouramis, a couple of peacock gudgeons, some black neons or chilI rasboras, or cherry barbs, but I think I might of lost like 5 gallons of space with all that substrate so I might be down to 15 gallons so I don't know if that will work now. I already have ember tetras in my 20 long.

Boostr
Added fish today. 2 male Honey Gouramis, I will be getting 2 females, but this is all he had left over. Also added 7 what I think are spotted rasboras.

20180422_114633.jpg

Albifrons
The gouramis are gorgeous! I'm a big fan of honey's as well. If you want help identifying the Rasboras then we'd be happy to help!

Alex6455
Oh wow the gouramis look GORGEOUS. I only keep dwarf gouramis, which I think are beautiful, but wow that full body orange is amazing. So jealous. Definitely gonna get some in the future

Boostr
The gouramis are gorgeous! I'm a big fan of honey's as well. If you want help identifying the Rasboras then we'd be happy to help!

Thanks, yeah they are much nicer than I expected. I like how the light orange fades into the darker orange like a sun burst. The one male is displaying his ornery breast colors, the other is like "Who's that for?" The Raboras were labelled "Golden Rasboras", but I think that's incorrect. They look more like spotted rasboras, but silver. The spotted rasboras I've seen are redish... so I'm a little confused. I'm also thinking about adding ChilI Rasboras by the way.

Oh wow the gouramis look GORGEOUS. I only keep dwarf gouramis, which I think are beautiful, but wow that full body orange is amazing. So jealous. Definitely gonna get some in the future

Thanks, when I read that Honeys are small... Dang, honeys are small. I couldnt comprehend a Gourami at 2.5" in my minds eye because I'm so used to seeing regular sized gouramis. Now I know why you can stock several in a 20 gallon tank.

Albifrons
If you want to post a photo of your Rasboras, I'd be happy to take a look at them and help you figure out what species they are.

Boostr
If you want to post a photo of your Rasboras, I'd be happy to take a look at them and help you figure out what species they are.

Great, when I get home today I'll take pictures and post them. Thanks

Boostr
Here ar those Rasboras I was mentioning.

20180424_183653.jpg
20180424_183650.jpg
20180424_183648.jpg

Boostr
Hmm, now that I see the pics myself, they do have a yellow tint to them.

Lynn78too
Thanks, when I read that Honeys are small... Dang, honeys are small. I couldnt comprehend a Gourami at 2.5" in my minds eye because I'm so used to seeing regular sized gouramis. Now I know why you can stock several in a 20 gallon tank.

I know exactly what you mean! I just bought 2 dwarf gouramis last week for my 29 gallon, I was amazed at how big they looked in my tank that has always had small fish.

Albifrons
I'm not too sure as to what that species could be, but they probably need to color up a bit more before we can identify them. However, I'm positive that they are some species of dwarf rasbora.

Boostr
I'm not too sure as to what that species could be, but they probably need to color up a bit more before we can identify them. However, I'm positive that they are some species of dwarf rasbora.

Figured it out, they are Dwarf Golden Barbs.

Boostr
It's been a while.
Sadly the Dwarf Golden Barbs didn't survive, but I did add 2 Female Honey Gouramis To match the 2 males. Also added 2 Thorned nerites and 2 Red Racer nerites.

The Tank as it sits now

20180702_184501.jpg
And New Critters

20180702_184704.jpg
20180702_185130.jpg
20180702_185341.jpg
20180702_185424.jpg

Boostr
So for some reason 3 of he Nerites died plus 2 of my gouramis (I guess from that Dwarf Gourami disease) a while back. Recently added 1 Honey Gourami and 3 Nerites, and they're doing great. Yesterday I added 6 Emerald Dwarf Rasboras... So hope everything works out.

So stocking as follow:
3 Honey Gouramis
4 Nerites
6 Emerald Dwarf Rasboras

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BrettMad
Replies
Views
Elodea
Top Bottom