20 Gallon tank!

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I plan on getting a 20 Gallon tank in 2 weeks. Any stocking ideas? If these fish survive this 3 Gallon tank, I hope to already have 2 guppies, 2 white clouds, a ghost shrimp, and a mystery snail. Here it is:

It is $85 at the local store. It has a heater, net, filter, lighting, thermometer, and also comes with conditioner and food.

I will also have a stand for it.

Also what should I do with the 3 gallon tank? I was thinking either a quarantine tank or a shrimp tank, or snail tank.

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
How much of a water change? as I said I hope to get the 20 Gallon as soon as possible, will probably move them when I get it, mostly because the cycling of the 20 gallon would be better than what they are in now.

flyinggogo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You need a test kit too if you don't have one. Stay on top of it. Once your tank is cycled it is less important to test all the time. Honestly after my tank is cycled to a month or so i dont ever test. I just monitor the tanks with my eyes. I havent had a death in any of my tanks in a year except for my guppies which caught some disease and all died while my other fish were fine.

Wouldnt what stress them out more?
having clean water? no that is a good always

Last edited by a moderator:

flyinggogo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
how fast and how many tanks do you have?

My male guppies would nip each others fins so they look better to the ladies

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well, I had a bowl. then I moved to the 3 Gallon. One died of it after ALL of his fin rotted away. Now one has it and he has a big rip in his fin from it and the end if beginning to fray. It has been about 3 weeks since the other one died.

flyinggogo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
well no for sure but ammonia and maybe no air stone could be your main culprit there. u shouldn't keep guppies in a bowl without filtration.

In my experience guppies are the most prone to disease and death. I don't question when they die ( mostly because if you have 1 female you will have 1,000,000 guppies eventually)

Last edited by a moderator:

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He is in the 3 Gallon with a filter along with a new buddy. I don't mean to ignore this topic, but could we go back to what this thread was originally about? I mean, what should I do with the 3 gallon once I get the 20 Gallon?

ghardin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What do you mean not big enough? A pair of ADFs would be perfect for your 3 gallons. You could throw in a snail, shrimp, or a couple of small ottos.

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
To my 20 gallon tank:

I wanted to have a "forest lake/river" theme to it. I was wondering what you guys suggested for beginners to have for that theme, such as plants and fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom