20 Gallon Tank Ideas

amariel9

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought another 20 gallon long tank, and I have yet to set it up. It's going to be home to some peacock gudgeons and I think male guppies, but I have no idea how I want to decorate it. I know I'll need lots of caves and hiding places for the gudgeons, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that in a way that looks natural. Any suggestions or pictures of your own tanks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can get rocks with holes in them that are meant to be caves at many pet stores. When I bred cichlids years ago, I would make caves for them out of terracotta pots. Some turned on their sides, some had holes drilled in the middle, depending on the size of the fish. But IMO natural river rocks, driftwood and plants always look nice. Sometimes you can get plants from the craft store and turn them into plants for the tank as well. I would always go to the LFS and get aquarium plant weights. I would take off the parts of the fake plants that were plastic only, elastic them together, and then use the weight to keep them down, fill them in the back and do real plants upfront.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom