20 gallon tank finally running

1. petaddiction

petaddiction Well Known Member Member

So after 4 months of struggling with this tank, moving my betta out, substrate changes, and lots of research my 20 gallon is finally up and running. Right now it has a sand bottom, driftwood with annubias, java fern, a bubble wall, and water wisteria. I have to admit it and even though it sounds conceited... I think it looks beautiful. I can't wait for the plants to grow out.
    I picked up the plants and some fishies today. Right now it has 4 endlers and 2 guppies. I added TSS today so hopefully the cycle is quick and doesn't give me any trouble unlike from my experiences before. My fish were pretty mellow and looked pretty bored at first, but ever since I turned on the bubble wall they have been swimming all over the place and look so happy. I just want to say thanks to all of you who told me not to give up while I was trying to figure out how to stock it and figuring out everything else too. I'm glad I listened to you guys because, indeed, it was worth it. Not only for the look of it, but for the happiness of the fish. Thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

:)

3. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Yay!

4. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

I'll put up pictures later :)

5. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Nice work :) cant wait to see it!

6. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

Alright.
    This is Indy, my little male model. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198418.094183.jpg

The hybrid endlers (all male) finally joined Indy for the photoshoot. Hah. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198491.197099.jpg

My other male guppy, Apollo, didn't like being around the rest of them yesterday. He also didn't like pictures so it took 30 minutes to get this no blur picture. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198588.878019.jpg

Once I turned off the lights he started hanging out with them. So here's the little gang getting ready for bed. Indy's hard to see, but he's there. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198686.157940.jpg

Here's the tank. They love their bubble wall.
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198755.618694.jpg

And of course I have to add one of Rio playing in his new water wisteria that he loves. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407198796.767113.jpg

7. Marie1

Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Very nice! :)

8. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Nice!

9. d

dakota Valued Member Member

Good looking Guppys they are such cool fish beautiful colors. Nice set up. Thanks

Clean water = Happy Healthy Fish

10. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Looking good :)

11. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

Thank you. :)
    The endlers have started to mess with the guppies a little bit today. I think they think the gups are female endlers... ;)
    Not sure what to do. I don't want them to pester the guppies too much and stress them out.

edit: Apollo is hanging out by himself again and mainly staying in one place in the corner by himself. Should I be worried? I'm scared he's stressed out or has something wrong with him.