20 gallon tall stocking suggestions?

Fiercebettas

I'm looking to get a new tank, and 20 tall will work best for where I'm going to put the tank!
I've been looking about what fish can go in a 20 tall but I can only really find 20 long suggestions!
I can only buy from places like petco and petsmart!
All suggestions are appreciated, not looking for anything in specific!!

I forgot to mention the substrate will be sand!

I'm getting a 20 gallon tank and really want to get a honey gourami!
Ive been reading and I've seen a lot of differing opinions on whether to keep honey gourami's together or not cause of aggression.
Anyways these are stocking ideas I was thinking of

1st idea

1x honey gourami
6-8x tetras(neon maybe?)
5-6x panda cory's

2nd idea

2-3x honey gourami
4-6x khuli loaches(forgive me if I spelt wrong)
Maybe another schooling fish?

My idea is to to have the tank heavily planted, sand substrate, driftwood and other natural decor

WhatsTheScoop

I haven’t kept honeys in particular but ive kept Opaline, honestly it depends mostly on your fish’s personality. Ive had shy and dominant opalines. I have my current gourami with tiger barbs and danios and she isn’t aggressive towards them even though she’s the most aggressive gourami I've had. The honey shouldn’t bother cories or loaches as long as the tank is well planted since cories n kuhli’s relatively stay on the bottom. I think cories with danios/tetras and one honey would work fine if the tank is planted, id recommend having some floating plants as well, gouramis seem to like em alot.

MEMO

I'm looking to get a new tank, and 20 tall will work best for where I'm going to put the tank!
I've been looking about what fish can go in a 20 tall but I can only really find 20 long suggestions!

Ive been reading and I've seen a lot of differing opinions on whether to keep honey gourami's together or not cause of aggression.

1st idea

1x honey gourami
6-8x tetras(neon maybe?)
5-6x panda cory's

2nd idea

2-3x honey gourami

My idea is to to have the tank heavily planted, sand substrate, driftwood and other natural decor
Your ideas are great. But i would skip the kuhli loaches and corys as they need a lot of how to put it...."bottom surface " that a high 20 will not give you. Maybe go for a bristlenose pleco

Mii

1st idea

1x honey gourami
6-8x tetras(neon maybe?)
5-6x panda cory's

2nd idea

2-3x honey gourami

I like to keep honeys in a group as they are a social fish, just make sure the females outnumber the males as the males are more territorial. I'd personally go with the first idea but with a trio of honeys rather than just a single one, 2 females and one male. A lot of small species of tetras would work I recommend you get a bigger school like 8-10 of them you can keep them in smaller groups but they won't be as fun to watch.
With just honeys and a smaller school of the cories you could probably get away with 12 neons since they're one of the smaller tetras and it's really the more the merrier with them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fiercebettas
Replies
Views
strobukm
  • Question
Replies
Views
Masspanic
Replies