20 gallon stocking???

Michelle2468135

So I recently got a 20 gallon all in one cube tank that I plan to make planted. My substrate is fluval stratum and I am going to have foreground, mid ground and background plants (hopefully a lot). I want to have a Betta fish in there definitely but now I don't really know what else to do. I want some algae eaters because I have a high amount of light, CO2, and fertilizer, maybe snails? A small schooling fish would also be very nice but I don't want to overstock and I want all of the fish to feel comfortable. Any ideas?

AcornTheBetta

So I recently got a 20 gallon all in one cube tank that I plan to make planted. My substrate is fluval stratum and I am going to have foreground, mid ground and background plants (hopefully a lot). I want to have a Betta fish in there definitely but now I don't really know what else to do. I want some algae eaters because I have a high amount of light, CO2, and fertilizer, maybe snails? A small schooling fish would also be very nice but I don't want to overstock and I want all of the fish to feel comfortable. Any ideas?
Maybe:
1 betta
10 ember tetras
2 nerite snails

Upvote 0

MonsterGar

You could do a few otocinclus dwarf suckermouths as algae eaters. They only get up to an inch long.

Upvote 0

Michelle2468135

Maybe:
1 betta
10 ember tetras
2 nerite snails
With this option could I have any more algae eaters?

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

With this option could I have any more algae eaters?
I mean you could add even more nerite snails.
You could also do:
1 betta
8 ember tetras
1 SMALL pleco

Upvote 0

Michelle2468135

I mean you could add even more nerite snails.
You could also do:
1 betta
8 ember tetras
1 SMALL pleco
Sorry lots of questions but could I do
1 betta
8 ember tetras
3 nerite snails
Shrimp
Or is that too much?

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Sorry lots of questions but could I do
1 betta
8 ember tetras
3 nerite snails
Shrimp
Or is that too much?
You could since shrimp have a low bio load, but they [shrimp] may get killed by your betta unless you have tons of thick plants for them to hide and for their young to hide.

Upvote 0

Michelle2468135

You could since shrimp have a low bio load, but they [shrimp] may get killed by your betta unless you have tons of thick plants for them to hide and for their young to hide.
Ok I may just do that or just do snails. I have 1 nerite now in a 7 gallon and she seems to do a good job.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Ok I may just do that or just do snails. I have 1 nerite now in a 7 gallon and she seems to do a good job.
IMO nerites are the best algae eaters.

Upvote 0

Michelle2468135

Maybe:
1 betta
10 ember tetras
2 nerite snails
Could I do neon tetras instead of ember tatras or is there a reason you chose those?

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I agree that nerites do a good job on algae, but you might also want to try amano shrimp. I've never kept them, but they might be a good option for you.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Could I do neon tetras instead of ember tatras or is there a reason you chose those?
IDK. I just think that neons are a bit overbred and I like embers. I mean you could do neons.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ybinson
Replies
Views
jryder95
Replies
Views
The_fishy
  • Question