20 gallon stocking

maggiesfish

Reaction score
i’m getting a standard 20 gallon aquarium (24 1/4”L, 12 1/2”W, 16 3/4”H) and i’m concerned i’m going to overstock it so here’s my idea:

- my male betta
- 3 nerite snails
- 4 kuhli loaches
- 6 rummy nose tetras
- 1 bristlenose pleco

it’s going to be a medium-heavy planted tank. i keep my tank from 78°- 80° fahrenheit. i feed morning and night and am going to have a sponge and HOB filter (probably the tetra 20) i just really hope this works out!! and if you wouldn’t suggest one or multiple of these fish, please explain why and what i should replace it for! thank you everyone!!

Hugooo

Reaction score
what is your ph? all of these inhabitants need a ph of around 7.0 - 7.5. the temp is good. i'm not sure if this stocking is okay, but i will wait for other responses. good luck!

OP
M

maggiesfish

Reaction score
Hugooo said:
what is your ph? all of these inhabitants need a ph of around 7.0 - 7.5. the temp is good. i'm not sure if this stocking is okay, but i will wait for other responses. good luck!
the ph sits right around 7.3 most of the time, and okay thank you!

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Assuming you're going to stock it slowly and have adequate filtration I'd probably go up to 8 or 9 with the rummy noses, and unless there's a lot of algae in the tank 1 nerite snail is probably enough, especially with the bristle nose.

OP
M

maggiesfish

Reaction score
JettsPapa said:
Assuming you're going to stock it slowly and have adequate filtration I'd probably go up to 8 or 9 with the rummy noses, and unless there's a lot of algae in the tank 1 nerite snail is probably enough, especially with the bristle nose.
thank you! i’ve decided not to go with the bristlenose due to tank size! and i will add 2 tetras to my original count! thanks a ton!

New Threads