20 gallon stocking idea

Gabe132

Hi everyone,
I am in preparation to setup a 20g long. It will be heavily planted and have CO2.
What I need yousupport on is stocking.
I would like to have
6 CPD
8 chili rasbora
6 Pygmy
I will add my non aggressive koi betta to the 20 long. He is currently in a 10.

I would also like to add cherry shrimp. I currently breed some. They live peacefully with the betta.

another Q of mine is what bushy plant should I add to fill in the back ground more? What fertilizer also. Thanks in advance!

Kribensis27

That plan sounds great! The rasboras and CPDs will definitely hunt baby shrimp though. Cryptocoryne wendtii is a really nice bushy plant and can fill any space very quickly. It can reach six inches (or far more) tall. If you’re looking for a taller plant than that, there are many more crypts that grow taller and have the same requirements.

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Im not the best with stocking questions, but your stocking looks good to me as long as the betta is peaceful. For your bg plant try cabomba plant.

Upvote 0

Gabe132

Woah, thanks for all the quick replies. Are there any other cool stocking options you guys would suggest? Should I stick with these numbers for fish now? Can I add more fish I. The future potentially?

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Woah, thanks for all the quick replies. Are there any other cool stocking options you guys would suggest? Should I stick with these numbers for fish now? Can I add more fish I. The future potentially?
I will say ember fish are one of my favorite nano schooling fish, once they get comfortable in the tank, they become sm more exciting to watch. plus they are super peaceful with my other fish and shrimps!

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

What is a cpd?

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

I think that's perfect

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

ahh, ok, I'm no good at guessing initialisms.
And i believe you said you want 6 pygmies, but i didn't see you say what pygmy fish you wanted.

Anacharias is a nice bushy plant, hornwort is another.

Upvote 0

Gabe132

Thanks for the replies. Yes Pygmy Cory. I will continue buying plants for the tank. Will update you guys.

Upvote 0

faywayway

Im not the best with stocking questions, but your stocking looks good to me as long as the betta is peaceful. For your bg plant try cabomba plant.
I agree, I love cabomba

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

I meant to say before, That pygmy fish generally thrive with higher then average shools. So I would personally not do less then 12 pygmy cories.

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Maybe do the 12 pygmies and one school of fish + the betta instead of 2 separate schooling fish.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
CoolCoryCatz
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank 20 Gallon Tall Stocking