20 gallon planted - Page 3

Fishkeeper25

You know you are cycled when you trst the ammonia and it is around 4ppm and the next day when you test it, it is 0 and so are nitrites. If you have used a filter from and old tank if it is already cycled then that will massively speed up the cycle, or maybe instantly cycle your tank. I also tested my water everyday. What are your readings for ammonia nitrites and nitrates from today?

Did a rescape today so the substrates would remain separate. Also tried to give nore height to the tank and planted thr marsilea hirsuta in a way that should eventually carpet:

DSC01398.JPG
i love the little tree you made in the back

SnookusFish

IMG_20210217_200809_988.jpg
DSC09098.JPG
DSC09106.JPG
DSC09102.JPG
DSC09092.JPG
There we go
Still waiting on some echinidorus reni and crypt flamingo, maybe some ludwigia palustris red too

TheFISH12

How many Honey Gourami do you have?

SnookusFish

DSC09156.JPG
Crystal clear water now, im loving it!

Josie12012

I went ahead and rescaped, tank is done and I love it so much. I'm only going to post the pictures if hardscape as the water isn't completely clear yet so I havemt got a final tank shot but the fish are loving it and so am I.

20210216_195837.jpg
20210216_202741.jpg
20210216_212902.jpg
Did you happen to order the wood pieces online? What type are they? I love them!

TheFISH12

Are you still using the NICREW RGB? Also I saw you said that it allows you to get high-light plants, would the NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted also allow that or is it a medium or low light.

EDIT: On it's website it says low to high light plants but idk if it's true.

SnookusFish

Did you happen to order the wood pieces online? What type are they? I love them!
Got it at my lfs! It was just one piece and I vus it in half. Its called azalea root.

BettaCyrus

Freakin' awesome tanks - both builds! Bravo!~ Q - Are those "little star" plants? If so, where did you get yours? I bought some off etsy and they arrived in awful shape...

SnookusFish

Thanks, the plant is pogostemon helferi. I got them off ebay from k2aqua

BettaCyrus

Thanks, the plant is pogostemon helferi. I got them off ebay from k2aqua
Yes, I guess their nickname is Little Star. I'll have to look for some there, thanks!

TheFISH12

Are you still using the NICREW RGB? Also I saw you said that it allows you to get high-light plants, would the NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted also allow that or is it a medium or low light.

EDIT: On it's website it says low to high light plants but idk if it's true.
Also I know I already asked this but I didn't think you saw it.

SnookusFish

Little guy going crazy in the new scape hehehe

SnookusFish

DSC09348.JPG
DSC09146.JPG
DSC09349.JPG
DSC09347.JPG
Added crypt flamingo and limnophila sessiliflora

SnookusFish

BettaCyrus

Those chilli rasboras are rad!! Love the tutorial! Can't believe that's only your 3rd!?!

SnookusFish

DSC00368.JPG
Before trim

DSC00385.JPG
After
Love how this tank is progressing. Want to get myself some more chili rasboras though. This tank has 15 amano shrimp in it now aswell and 5 otos so algae pretty much doesnt exist.

DSC00407.JPG
DSC00399.JPG
DSC00402.JPG
DSC00412.JPG

SnookusFish

DSC01311.JPG
Did.a massive trim yesterday after letting it get super overgrown. Nice to actually be able to see in again hahaha.

Strider1520

Both builds are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

BettaCyrus

DSC01311.JPG
Did.a massive trim yesterday after letting it get super overgrown. Nice to actually be able to see in again hahaha.
Amazing!!! <3 Lucky fish!! What's your substrate? & what's the cool fern-like plant growing in the middle on the driftwood? Thanks!!

SnookusFish

Amazing!!! <3 Lucky fish!! What's your substrate? & what's the cool fern-like plant growing in the middle on the driftwood? Thanks!!
Thanks, its aquasoil and sand and the plant is java moss :)

BettaCyrus

Thanks!! I know the java moss, I mean the more fern-like stuff... what's that?

SnookusFish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ladyy
Replies
Views
david1978