20 gallon planted tank update

Davidh9054

So a couple months ago I decided to venture into the world of planted aquariums. Since then I’ve been bit by the bug and can’t get enough of it. I absolutely love looking for new plants that I can add to my tank but now I think I’m done for a while. I do want to say I definitely see a difference in the fish they seem a lot more comfortable. Especially my dwarf gourami, before he used to always hide and at the bottom of the tank now I always see him out and at the top of the tank 90% of the time. Please let me know any inputs and opinions on it.

This is when I first started to add plants.
6A89FB1C-26AD-4289-B3CD-6A036B9FEBBF.jpeg

This is a couple days after I added some moss and some cabomba I think it’s called.

A4D1AA05-686C-4CD5-B2A1-0498FDE42B7C.jpeg

I didn’t really like the Java moss too much so I removed it and I added some Amazon swords and a couple drawf Lily’s.

0B995B62-9BAC-4BEA-831B-85BA01595B8A.jpeg

This is what it looks like now. I added a bunch of red root floaters and frogbit, a couple more swords, some s. repens, a Java fern, some water wisteria, some hygrophila carymbosa compacta and some crypt becketii.
1538510C-D722-4CFE-AF5D-D39A5CB4F3DB.jpeg
29E5E4F3-45E5-4E2A-B4EA-9D76877B4244.jpeg

Is this root rotting?

FE963AA8-6D6A-4FB3-BA9D-A7621E41806B.jpeg

BigManAquatics

Looks like a pretty nice tank! Not sure on the roots...i don't mess with water plants much at all.

Davidh9054

Looks like a pretty nice tank! Not sure on the roots...i don't mess with water plants much at all.
Thanks. Yea I have no idea what’s up with that crypt. It’s just black at the base and roots.

connorjs1004

Looks good!
And to answer your question, yes those roots are rotting

Davidh9054

Looks good!
And to answer your question, yes those roots are rotting
Thanks. Ok so should I take that plant out and toss it or should I just leave it be and hope for the best?

connorjs1004

Thanks. Ok so should I take that plant out and toss it or should I just leave it be and hope for the best?
I have a moderate level of knowledge about live plants, but from past experiences when root systems look like that, theres not much that can be done. I wouldn't just toss it though, I would leave it for a bit just to see if by some chance it does bounce back

Davidh9054

I have a moderate level of knowledge about live plants, but from past experiences when root systems look like that, theres not much that can be done. I wouldn't just toss it though, I would leave it for a bit just to see if by some chance it does bounce back
Thanks will do. I thought it might have been that I added the root tabs near to close to it so I just moved the plant a little. I noticed it because my corys uprooted it while moving around.

connorjs1004

Lol those little rascals are always uprooting my plants as well :)

Davidh9054

Lol those little rascals are always uprooting my plants as well :)
Apart from my lemon pleco the corys are definitely my favorite even though they bring up my plants.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Davidh9054
Replies
Views
bored411
  • Question
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies