20 Gallon Planted Tank Build :)

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WP_20180509_21_02_56_Pro.jpg
Did my best to plant this tank! It's fully cycled now. Any suggestions will be very helpful! It's my first planted tank over 10 gallons. I've always kept cichlids before. I also got some little snails around the tank i assume came with the plants. Aare they okay to just leave in there?

King o´ Angelfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looking good!
As long as those snails keep to the algae and not the plants, they should be fine.
The single best advice I can give you is keep nitrates low. Algae can easily take over a planted tank and ruin all your hard work. Monitor it closely!
GOOD LUCK!!

ljg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Neon tetras or cardinal tetras might be good. Cardinals are a bit more expensive than the neons and the more popular between the two. I personally like neon tetras more than cardinal tetras. They are pretty active, but you will need to get a school of at least 4 to 5.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
King o´ Angelfish said:
Looking good!
As long as those snails keep to the algae and not the plants, they should be fine.
The single best advice I can give you is keep nitrates low. Algae can easily take over a planted tank and ruin all your hard work. Monitor it closely!
GOOD LUCK!!
i was wondering, my filter, which s an aqueon 20, blows my plants around a lot on the one side. Will this bother/hurt them at all?

ljg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It may just make it harder for them to grow/thrive. What is the water flow on it?

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i think it's 125 gph. But its a 20 long tank so not very deep. Or tall

King o´ Angelfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mike1995 said:
i was wondering, my filter, which s an aqueon 20, blows my plants around a lot on the one side. Will this bother/hurt them at all?
Naw, I have 4 powerheads in a 40. I had lots of flow. Plants did fine. Its more the fish you would worry about in a high low tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom