20 gallon long stocking

Eatfishhuntrepeat8

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
HI fish ppl! So I have a cycled 20 long planted aquarium, ph 7.2, temp 76 and canister filter for up to 30 gallons. I would love a species only schooling fish that's small, such as neons or cardinals but they have a higher risk of diseases and blood line issues. I just love the red and blue so I'm looking for something similar, but not crazy expensive...:...any ideas.
I may add a nerite snail or two and some cherry shrimp eventually but cherries and torpedo shaped fish have a small bio load.

OP
Eatfishhuntrepeat8

Eatfishhuntrepeat8

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I thought about danios too but they just seem a little too active for such a small tank and I'd like to stick with smaller fish to make the tank "seem" larger

OP
Eatfishhuntrepeat8

Eatfishhuntrepeat8

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm I looked into rummy nose too but does anyone have experience with knodus borkI ( blue tetra), they seem kinda interesting but I read that they can be fin nippers soo idk

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It says they can become fin nippers if not kept in a properly sized aquarium or proper sized school. So I think if you got six or more, it should be ok. Keyword should.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could do a large school of neon tetras, some glowlight tetras, I have 3 regular ones and 4 albino ones for a school of 7. they seem to get along just fine and I find them very peaceful easy to watch fish. I have 6 neons that I bought last year and cycled the tank with them and they are still here and doing well. Then if you wanted you could add another school of harlequin rasboras with them. They are also very peaceful and hardy. Alison

BDpups

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Eatfishhuntrepeat8 said:
Hmmm I looked into rummy nose too but does anyone have experience with knodus borkI ( blue tetra), they seem kinda interesting but I read that they can be fin nippers soo idk
I've had blue tetra. Nothing special about them. I had a big school of them in a 29 by themselves. No issues with them going after each other.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BDpups said:
I've had blue tetra. Nothing special about them. I had a big school of them in a 29 by themselves. No issues with them going after each other.
But how would they do in a community setting?

New Threads