20 Gallon Long Setup

1. RyanLewis Member Member

I have been seriously considering setting up my 20 gallon long tank that's been sitting in my garage for about a year now since my bearded dragon out grew it. I am probably going to be moving over everything in my ten gallon including the water wisteria, apisto borellii, and my aquaclear 20. I will get rid of the hideous pink, green, and blue gravel and possibly doing a coarse, smooth pebble as a substrate. I know along with the aquaclear 20 I am most likely going to add an aquaclear 30, or a even end up with a single aquaclear 50. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I should keep as a stock with my apisto borellii and possibly a reticulated hillstream loach? I know the loach will need flow and cold water, and the borellii should do fine with high 60s to low 70s. Please give me unique stocking suggestions!
  2. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

I don't keep hill stream loaches, but the care sheet Hillstream Loach suggests a much larger tank than a 20. 55 gallons seems to be the number bandied about the most.

Small freshwater gobies could be an option, along with white cloud minnows for a 20L.