20 Gallon Long Rescape!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Culprit, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

I have my 20 long which I have decided I did not do a good job aquascaping when I first put it together and now I want to change it up. I do have 10 bronze corys in there right now so I can't empty it... well, I could but I don't have a tank I could move them to for 3 or 4 hours...

Anyway, here's my tank right now. Its too symmetrical and unnatural. I want it to be super heavily planted. I do want open sand for my corys so I was thinking of an island or triangle aquascape.

P1040594.JPGP1040596.JPG

My plants currently are:
    S. Repens
    Rotala Rotundifolia
    Dwarf Sagittarius
    Ozelot Sword
    Water Sprite
    Anacharis
    Flame Moss

How should I go about rescaping this? Here is my pitiful attempt at drawing

WIN_20170421_09_56_46_Pro.jpg

Key
    little rocks
    Sand
    stone
    repens carpet
    dwarf sag rotala wall
    sword
    Sprite
    moss on stone
    little rock
    big rock

2. Ohio Mark

Ohio MarkWell Known MemberMember

I think it looks great!

3. ashenwelt

ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

A complete rescape or just a move around? That can impact recommendations you will receive.

If your going for a natural impact of the eye... Make the focal point of your island raise or triangle, not at the back but at the 1/3 mark in the tank. Its where the eye is most comfortable going normally when looking at something. Its why photography uses the "rule of thirds".

4. OP
    OP
    Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

A move around mostly with the stuff I have. I can get some more rocks if I want.

Yes I am going for a more natural impact. I feel like my two big rocks are too lined up. It just doesn't feel right. I'm having a hard time with it because as its a 20 gallon long its only 1 foot wide so barely any depth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice