20 gallon long plant stocking ideas

StaceyMae

HI everyone,

I have a planted 20 gallon high housing 4 red cherry shrimp and 2 kuhlI loaches. I'm changing to a 20 long though because I like the aesthetic more. I would like some recommendations on more plants. I will likely either get a new betta or another tropical fish later. Anyway, my current planted tank has the following: lobelia cardinalis, dwarf hair grass, staurogyne repens (the prettiest in my opinion), anubias nana, and windelov java fern. I used to have hornwort and purple cabomba, but I hated the needle mess they occasionally made and got rid of them. I like plants with more foliage/leaves rather than needles to avoid the hassle. I use excel and it would sometimes melt the hornwort, so I think that was the problem. I have moderate lighting. I definitely need more background/ mid- ground plant ideas the most! I keep the heat at 81 with a neutral pH. Thanks!

MissNoodle

Some crypts are nice, theyre hardy and look good. Larger varieties would do nice midground.

Background... anarcharis is tall would replace the hornwort look if you plant it right, sword plants are full and quite sturdy. Water wisteria is nice once it takes off, grows fast and stays a nice green.

Ludwigia if you want some colour, theyre a nice plant.

Also, up the kuhlis to 6-8 for a 20L

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies
Views
lfabb
Replies