20 gallon long peacock ideas

little257622

i have a 125 gal display tank up & running....But also have a 20 gallon long & a 10 gallon that i want to setup. The 10 gal is setup now as a quarrantine/ hospital tank...but i have my 20 gal long just sitting to the side atm. My plan is to get the 20 long & 10 gal setup on a stand together (top & bottom). My question do you guys think i can breed peacocks in the 20 long in any capacity ? i would breed them in the 20 gal & possibly put the fry in the 10 gal ? is just dont know the capabilities here.....Im a dreamer

Demeter

Too small IMO. Maybe for young breeders it could work but once they hit a solid 3in or so it's going to get crowded and there won't be much room for females to hide away from the overly aggressive male. Better to let them breed in the 125 and strip the fry then raise them in the 10 and 20gal tanks.

When I was breeding my OB peacocks I would simply let them breed in the 55gal and strip the fry which went into 10-29gal tanks depending on the size of the fry. At one point I had probably 40 juveniles (2in or so) in a 29gal and it was quite crowded. Know your limits or you will be overrun with fish!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
guppynubis
Replies
Views
Alexitopeluche
  • Question