20 Gallon long centerpiece

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by the evness, Nov 25, 2012.

1. the evnessNew MemberMember

Hey, just looking on some input on stocking a 20 gallon long. Tank has been running for a couple weeks now after a fishless cycle and now I'm starting to think about a centerpiece fish(es).

I currently have 2 male Guppies, and 4 Harlequin Rasboras(bought 5 the other day, one died a couple hours after I got him into the tank unfortunately). I plan on picking up 2-4 more Harlequins to finish the school, even with just the 4 they look really nice when they swim together.

What I'm looking for in a centerpiece is a fish that is a bit bigger than the Guppies, and something with a dark colouring, or very bright colouring(As you'll see the Guppies and Rasboras look very similar). I've been looking at a piar of Apistogrammas or a Pearl Gourami. Would either of those work with what I've got so far? Any other suggestions?

Also, would a couple of Oto cats work in this setup? Just a small algae crew. Not a big deal though, if they won't fit due to finding a centerpiece I want I wont be heartbroken.

Here's a pic of my tank, have some Malaysian driftwood arriving soon, and still trying to decide whether I want to replace my fake plants with real ones.

Attached Files:

2. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

A gourami would work. I'd go with a dwarf or a honey. The others are a little big for a twenty gallon tank. A bottom dweller would be good. I don't know how big oto cats get though. Could do a school of dwarf cories. Cories like to be in 5+ schools. And they're a good clean up crew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice