20 Gallon long centerpiece

1. t

the evness New Member Member

Hey, just looking on some input on stocking a 20 gallon long. Tank has been running for a couple weeks now after a fishless cycle and now I'm starting to think about a centerpiece fish(es).

I currently have 2 male Guppies, and 4 Harlequin Rasboras(bought 5 the other day, one died a couple hours after I got him into the tank unfortunately). I plan on picking up 2-4 more Harlequins to finish the school, even with just the 4 they look really nice when they swim together.

What I'm looking for in a centerpiece is a fish that is a bit bigger than the Guppies, and something with a dark colouring, or very bright colouring(As you'll see the Guppies and Rasboras look very similar). I've been looking at a piar of Apistogrammas or a Pearl Gourami. Would either of those work with what I've got so far? Any other suggestions?

Also, would a couple of Oto cats work in this setup? Just a small algae crew. Not a big deal though, if they won't fit due to finding a centerpiece I want I wont be heartbroken.

Here's a pic of my tank, have some Malaysian driftwood arriving soon, and still trying to decide whether I want to replace my fake plants with real ones.

Attached Files:

2. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

A gourami would work. I'd go with a dwarf or a honey. The others are a little big for a twenty gallon tank. A bottom dweller would be good. I don't know how big oto cats get though. Could do a school of dwarf cories. Cories like to be in 5+ schools. And they're a good clean up crew