20 Gallon Long Bottom Dwellers

Gameynerd23

Hello, I have a 20g long tank with this stocking:

2 male Honey Gouramis
16 Neon Tetras
4 Mystery Snails

I'm looking for a good bottom dweller that will be happy In a group of 8. I keep the water temp at 76-77 degrees farenheit, have gravel at the bottom, and run two sponge filters. I've thought about Cories, but I know it's hard to find a warmer water cory. Thanks for the help!

LHAquatics

2 male Honey Gouramis
16 Neon Tetras
4 Mystery Snails

I'm looking for a good bottom dweller that will be happy In a group of 8. I keep the water temp at 76-77 degrees farenheit, have gravel at the bottom, and run two sponge filters. I've thought about Cories, but I know it's hard to find a warmer water cory. Thanks for the help!
You're kind of at your limit for the stocking, but if you keep up with the water changes you can get 6 panda corydoras or 6 khuli loaches.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

You're kind of at your limit for the stocking, but if you keep up with the water changes you can get 6 panda corydoras or 6 khuli loaches.
Ok, how about this?

3 Honey Gouramis
6 Smaller Corys (Pandas or something similar)
12 Neon Tetras

I don't have the Mystery Snails yet, and I may not get them, I only have 8 Neon Tetras right now, and I have two male Honeys, but I'd like to get a third just in case one decides to bully the other.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

Ok, how about this?

3 Honey Gouramis
6 Smaller Corys (Pandas or something similar)
12 Neon Tetras

I don't have the Mystery Snails yet, and I may not get them, I only have 8 Neon Tetras right now, and I have two male Honeys, but I'd like to get a third just in case one decides to bully the other.
That can work. What filter do you have? I've heard mystery sails poop a lot of snails.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

That can work. What filter do you have? I've heard mystery sails poop a lot of snails.
I'm running two bacto-surge sponge filter made for 40g tanks, but I'm thinking about getting another one. Mystery Snails do poop a lot, they're like pelcos with shells, lol. I don't think I'll add a Mystery Snail to the 20g.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

I'm running two bacto-surge sponge filter made for 40g tanks, but I'm thinking about getting another one. Mystery Snails do poop a lot, they're like pelcos with shells, lol. I don't think I'll add a Mystery Snail to the 20g.
Great! I love live plants, you could as many as you want. Can I get a picture of your tank?

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

I have a few plants, but I'm hoping to get more soon. I don't have a pic of the tank right now, but I'll get one soon, too. I'm mulling over my stocking ideas. I think 5 Honey Gouramis would be too much for the tank, yeah? I've also been thinking about moving my Neon Tetras to my 75 gallon tank, but I'm worried the Dojo Loaches will eat them. I keep the 75g at 73 degrees farenheit. So, here's my idea for both scenarios:

WITH NEONS

4 Honey Gouramis
8 Pygmy Corys
16 Neon Tetras

WITHOUT NEONS

4 Honey Gouramis
16 Pygmy Corys

I like the idea of moving the neons somewhere a little cooler, but I also don't want them to be a snack for my loaches because one is nearly full grown. The loach doesn't bother the danios in there, but the Neons going in makes me nervous.

Upvote 0

pandacorytay

2 male Honey Gouramis
16 Neon Tetras
4 Mystery Snails

My panda cories love the temperature of your tank now so those would be great option! and they are super cute!

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

Sorry for being late, but here's a pic of the tank. I just switched the gravel for sand, so the water is a little stirred up.
20210616_155939.jpg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
mxnewss
  • Question