20 gallon long and 5 gallon standard

jaydivingboard

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI I am wanting to get 2 new tanks during the dollar per gallon sale both going to be low tech, low light, sponge filter as filtration.
For the 20 long I was thinking
1x- Candy Halfmoon Betta
1x- Magenta Mystery Snail
1x- Red Racer Nerite
1x- Freshwater Clam
1x- BN Pleco
10x- Striped KuhlI Loaches

5 Gallon Standard-
3x Endlers Livebearers
X amount of shrimp (its going to be a mixed shrimp tank)
1x- Small Horned Nerite
1x- Tiger Chopstick Snail

Would these stock ideas work? I know they are both crowded but with maintenance I feel like it would be fine since they all have space
I know I for sure want a Betta and a BN Pleco in the 20 Long, also any suggestions on unique BN Plecos would be nice I already have a Plain Jane I want a unique one that won't get huge

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BN Plecos require at least 29 gallons, if you get a 29 gallon get a schooling fish also ( assuming that your betta tolerates other fish).

OP
jaydivingboard

jaydivingboard

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
CoryFan said:
BN Plecos require at least 29 gallons, if you get a 29 gallon get a schooling fish also ( assuming that your betta tolerates other fish).
I will go 29 then, only $9 more, my current Betta does fine with other fish (the rasboras actually way out compete him at feeding time so I have to specifically feed him behind a leaf) I got the Betta first and allowed him to claI'm his territory before getting any other fish, I also like to put my finger or a blue pen up to the cup they are usually in or glass and see if they flare or chase it and try to attack it (while in the store before I buy) that way I can track their aggression before I make my choice on which I want

New Threads