20 Gallon High Freshwater Planted Tank Build

jiorio1216
Hi everyone, my 20 gallon high finished cycling two days ago and I think I have my finished product! I do have some grass coming in the mail today that I am going to try to hide the tubes from the air pump with, but I love how it has come together for my first tank ever! Right now I have 7 danios in there, and am looking to add 6 or 7 cories with two honey gouramis to round this out. Any suggestions for my tank, and is that stock okay? Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 76

Advertisement
BlackMolly99
Your set up looks amazing!
I love the variety of plants. I like it when tanks have some kind of bottom feeder, so if it was my tank I would get shrimp or oto cats.

Advertisement
augiehong
cool set up! i like the sunken treasure theme. did you do a fish-less cycle? i didn't realize that was possible until recently, so if so please share pointers!

over time you may decide you want more variety of fish and if you go with what you mention above, you'll be getting pretty full with 3 species. that can be fine, but if you decide to go with a few others, the otos are a good suggestion as glass cleaners. maybe a live-bearer like a fancy guppy or molly for a splash of color. neon tetras are so basic, but i do love how colorful they are.

thanks for sharing!

ArtFish
Nice tank, I think the stocking choice is good, if it were my tank I would do less corys and more gourami’s, just because I like more bigger and colorful fish but that’s me. Also I like the ship but if you ever wanted to do a 100% natural/ nature look having one or two large rocks in place of the ship would look super cool. Have fun

ArtFish
Also, having a bristle nose pleco would work really nice for your tank since it has a lot of surfaces where algae will go, a pleco will keep it very clean.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kribensis27
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views