20 Gallon Tank 20 Gallon High/extra High Stocking

ahouseofscales

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi! Currently I have a 10 gallon that I am planning on taking to college with me later this year, but I am also considering upgrading to a 20 gallon high or extra high. I am wondering what I could possibly stock it with. My ten gallon houses a dwarf gouramI and two cpos currently, so the stock would need to include these inhabitants. I really have nothing set in stone currently so any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

CJLand

Reaction score
Hello I have some recommendations. Along with your dwarf gouramI and cpos, a nice school of middle swimming non nippy fish would go well in a 20. Heres a list of some that would fit with them well

6-7 Celestial pearl danios
Or
6-7 Harlequin Rasboras
Or
6-7 Neon tetras
Or
6-7 rummynose tetras
Or
6-7 leopard danios

It is also possible to keep non schooling fish like platies should be fine (it really depends on the temperament of the gourami) I recommend Sunset fire wag platties and blue mickey mouse platties for nice color. There are a lot of options when stocking a 20 gallon and plenty of tank mates for your inhabitants. I believe a schooling fish would be best due to dwarf gouramis sometimes being aggressive, and the fact that most school in the middle of the tank (so the bottom, middle and top are occupied). Just look up some of the above mentioned fish and do some research if you like I wish the best with your tank

New Threads