20 Gallon Caridina Tank - Page 2

EbiAqua

My tank has finally cycled. Do I let my plants grow in more before I get shrimp, or should I be good?
I'd give it at minimum 2 more weeks post cycling before adding shrimp.

abbytherookiehuman

My tank has finally cycled. Do I let my plants grow in more before I get shrimp, or should I be good?

I have decided to let the plants grow in as this means they will be able to establish roots and all that jazz before anything else comes in and disturbs it. Remember one step at a time. Don't do everything at once

Ariavin

I'd give it at minimum 2 more weeks post cycling before adding shrimp.

I have decided to let the plants grow in as this means they will be able to establish roots and all that jazz before anything else comes in and disturbs it. Remember one step at a time. Don't do everything at once

Sounds good. Thanks guys. I’ll give it a few more weeks. Once I get home from work tonight, I’ll post some 1 month update photos.

zby67

LOOKS good my friend! kinda makes me want to rescape my tank lol

Ariavin

LOOKS good my friend! kinda makes me want to rescape my tank lol

Thank you!

Ariavin

Here are the pics.
Started it up 1 month ago. Please ignore the water spots on the glass

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

abbytherookiehuman

It looks incredible. I wish my plants would grow out like that!! What ferts and lighting are you using?

Ariavin

It looks incredible. I wish my plants would grow out like that!! What ferts and lighting are you using?

I use Aqueon aquarium plant food. The 0-0-1. And flourish tabs in the substrate it’s mostly inert with a little fluval stratum mixed in. A little flourish iron and flourish root tabs. Lighting is a 2 bulb fluval t-5

Ariavin

How long does it take for Amazon Swords to send up new leaves? I’m waiting on my saint elmo’s Fire to send up new growth. Had it for just over a month.

Ariavin

Just ordered my blue bolts. I’m excited.

abbytherookiehuman

Amazon swords might take a few weeks after being moved to show new growth. Make sure they have proper nutrients and lighting

Ariavin

I finally ordered and received my blue bolts. They are booking it around the tank and getting used to it.

Ordered from Flip Aquatics on Saturday and they were delivered in perfect health today.

DSC_2508.NEF.jpg
DSC_2582.NEF.jpg

Elkwatcher

Beautiful!

Ariavin

Hey guys. I’m looking for a good fertilizer for my shrimp tanks. Low bioload.
Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0
My floating plants are dying off due to lack of nutrients, but I’m not sure what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 81

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Haydeno
Replies
Views
JJ3204
Replies