20 Gallon Aquarium With Finnex 24/7 Cc Lighting

1. Lonnie

Lonnie Valued Member Member

The current light intensity 015.JPG setting is on maximum.

2. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

Cool! what fish do you have in it?

3. OP
    OP
    Lonnie

Thank you Iverg, I have a male rescue beta, one male swordtail, 6 Neons, and an algae eater that I have only seen twice since I bought him a month ago. Thank you for asking. I really like the new Finnex 24/7 CC planted aquarium light. The light intensity seems like it is 20 times that of the old fixture. Also comes with a remote with all types of settings.

4. Iverg1

Wow! haha didnt see the other ones i thought you only had two.What did you rescue the betta from?

5. OP
    OP
    Lonnie

This particular betta is from Walmart. It is a brownish tan in color. It was the only betta they had left. He was swimming in a cup with dirty green water. I snagged him and brought him home to a 20 gallon aquarium with live plants. He isn't the most attractive betta around. But in the evening when the color settings automatically change in the light fixture. He appears to be a reddish/orange color.

6. Iverg1

That sounds like a good impulse buy to me! I don't leave my color changing lights on (though i would like too) because it freaks my little betta out

7. OP
    OP
    Lonnie

How fast do your lights change? The betta really notices?

8. Iverg1

Not so fast like 3 seconds for them to change and its gradual but i can see that its confusing him because he darts around in a circle one i change it to white he calms down

9. d

danhutchins Valued Member Member

How long have you had the light? Does the 24/7 mode cause a lot of algae? I have the older model and find it to be very bright but people say the 24/7 mode only causes algae issues. I have only had it for 4 days on 24/7 haven't had it long enough to tell if it causes the issue or not.