20 Gal stocking idea

Usernametaken

I have a 20 gallon aquarium (dimensions 24.25x12.5x16.75) and am wondering if I could stock it with these fish.

1 Blue Ram Cichlid
6 guppies (either all male or all female)
6 neon tetras
3-4 corydoras catfish

Would this be overstocking/are these fish compatible?

CoryBoi

A few problems, guppies are a hard water fish. These fish have different temp requirements. Corries need groups of 6+.
So I recommend:
1 blue ram
8-12 CARDINAL tetras
6 STERBAI or AENEUS corries.

ojdgtjc

I would switch the guppies to like rummynose tetras or danios

Usernametaken

A few problems, guppies are a hard water fish. These fish have different temp requirements. Corries need groups of 6+.
So I recommend:
1 blue ram
8-12 CARDINAL tetras
6 STERBAI or AENEUS corries.
You know? I think I like this better than my original plan. Thanks for the input!

Feohw

You know? I think I like this better than my original plan. Thanks for the input!
If you keep blue rams then make sure you keep the temperature in the 80s. They need warmer water than most other fish. The reason cardinal tetras, sterbaI and aeneus corys are recommended is because they can handle a temp in the 80s. Neons and many other corys can't.

FinalFins

Corys are not a good idea in a tank with a 24x12 footprint. Scratch those IMO.

RiverFisher87

Corys are not a good idea in a tank with a 24x12 footprint. Scratch those IMO.
I think if you could probably do a tank just full of danios. I have multiple tanks and my smallest tank, my 20 gallon is by far my favourite. I have a load of java fern, and then about 12 danios. It’s an very beautiful tank with lots of movement! Then I also manages to catch some dry before they ate them, so I’m able to raise the fish. I think you can also add a center piece fish like a gourami or ram! I can send a picture of my tank if you like!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SLuGz
  • Question
29 Gallon Tank I need stocking ideas!!!
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Stocking for 20?
Replies